+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a second FP request 3 months before first FP expiring (app stage - online test completed)

Proctorva

Dec 18, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I received a second request for fingerprints today, and even my first is not yet expired. I submitted the FPs first in Aug 2020 and agent confirmed that IRCC received fingerprints at that time. I also recently completed my online test on 20th April.

Interesting thing is, I requested GCMS notes on 23rd Feb 2021. As per notes, Criminality is already passed.

Has anyone else seen this or is this some automated system error? I am confused about the duplicate request as my first one is still valid. Anyone had seen this before?

Any help is welcome. Thank you!

Timeline:
=======
Scarborough office
App Delivered - 19 Dec 2019
AOR - 1 Mar 2020
In Process - 9 Mar 2020
First FP request -14 Aug 2020, submitted in 16 Aug 2020
Online test invite - 14 Apr 2021 ( to be completed within 16 Apr to 6 May 2021)
Online test completed - 20 Apr 2021
Second FP request - 3 May 2021 2021 (I will submit tomorrow)

Last edited:

sunny_causa

Sep 30, 2008
Hi ..

I called agent couple of weeks back and he checked the notes and he told me the same things.. I said I didn't receive any mail notification. he again checked and he said , he didn't read properly and he confirmed that there is nothing pending from my end... i am also in the same situation as you...as of now I didn't receive any mail notification from IRCC? Did you receive any mail from IRCC? Pls let me know

Thanks

Proctorva

Dec 18, 2019
Toronto
Yes, I did receive mail from IRCC Vancouver to submit FP again today. Letter is exact same as before. Not a single change. There is no date on letter. I will call tomorrow to check what's going on. Will keep you posted.

sunny_causa

Sep 30, 2008
Hi ...

I think it's better to confirm whether it's necessary to do FP again ..Did they provide end date for the request ? In the letter they mentioned why we need to request 2nd time ? Please share the information to me

Thanks

Proctorva

Dec 18, 2019
Toronto
I finally managed to get hold of agent. He said that sometimes they send 2nd request if they estimate that application will take time to process. So they request FP in advance.