+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

reassigning Provincial nomination

Lawg

May 7, 2020
Please does anybody here know if Nova Scotia reassigns the Provincial Nomination to a new profile once I decline my ITA?

suresh320

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
If you decline your ITA then you cannot get your nomination.
What is the reason you want to declined the ITA?

Lawg

May 7, 2020
If you decline your ITA then you cannot get your nomination.
What is the reason you want to declined the ITA?
Thanks for your response. My spouse IELTs expired a day after I got my ITA and this affected my eligibility for Express Entry. Though I have the required points, when I check to calculate my scores, I was not eligible. I registered for the first set of ielts to quickly cover the gap but test was postponed for logistics reasons. I have calculated and see that I would have exceeded the 60 period on the date we expect her results. So I have planned to decline the ITA to avoid being sanctioned

suresh320

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks for your response. My spouse IELTs expired a day after I got my ITA and this affected my eligibility for Express Entry. Though I have the required points, when I check to calculate my scores, I was not eligible. I registered for the first set of ielts to quickly cover the gap but test was postponed for logistics reasons. I have calculated and see that I would have exceeded the 60 period on the date we expect her results. So I have planned to decline the ITA to avoid being sanctioned
Your point is lock in from the time you receive the ITA, so you will not be affected, however if you do not get approval then is when you will need to redo the ielts test.