+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons of refusal to issue study permit on airport arrival.

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Hi. My name is Micky. I would like to request you to tell me in what circumstances Immigration Can refuse to issue study permit to student on arrival at airport. Actually it’s my brother Who got an study visa for 2 years but then after getting the study visa he applied to transfer college from Vancouver to Toronto. But now my brother agents is telling him that he should not go now because Immigration Can refuse to give study permit and send him back. Please let me know if there is anything like that. Because as per my knowledge, students can transfer his college in same semester. I am hoping you will reply me soon. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your consultant may be getting a commission if you attend a certain college. Yes you can switch colleges but you must notify CIC through online process. You obviously need to be accepted by new college.

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
Thank you for your help. Indeed it is helpful for me. But it would be more grateful if you let me know is there any questioning from Canadian boarder officers while arriving related to this. Actually when agent had applied for transfer, college had vacancy his seat. But according to our agent, the university has lodged the complaint to immigration that students are taking admissions in our university and then taking transfer. Now we have requested university to retake our seat but they are denying for this and asking to defer in next May intake. We are worried and confused and not getting what we should do know. Please help us out.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would contact the college/university directly to find out what is going on. If there is an issue with people apllying for one university and then constantly transferring it may be possible that they lodged a complaint against your consultants.

Micky321

Jan 3, 2018
So in this condition what we have to do. I was trying to reach the university directly but no body respond over there and time is running out of our hands. One more thing if university allows you to defer the course for May intake then is there any problem in further applying for work permit. In this case Can we extend our study permit if we start from May intake.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm sorry but I don't really habe any good advice for you this seems like an unusual situation involving your consultant. Yes you can defer tour admission without it affecting the chance for your PGWP but you need to be able to reach someone in order to defer your acceptance.