+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for refusal?

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hello Thaiguy,

I think I was a bit shocked with the articles and acted a bit hot tempered about it. I feel I won't have any problem answering officers questions. I got nothing to hide about my relation. I was admitted to Canada several times to visit my wife's family before. I guess if they thought our relation was a fake one or I would try to overstay my visa in Canada they wouldn't have issued me a visa.

However one event got me very critical about all these. I was flying to Vancouver from Seoul with my wife. I remember a Air Canada flight attended questioning me at the Inchon Airport why I was going to Canada. It made very uneasy because she wasn't even trying to be polite. She looked at my passport and just saw a middle eastern man. Ofcourse being a frequent flyer I didn't lose control. Didn't want to give her the chance to refuse my boarding, claiming I have air rage :) My wife lost it though. I had a visa stamp from Canadian embassy on my passport and had nothing threatening. But the fact is the flight attended could easily refuse me to board and ruin my day. She had that power.

My point is; the power given to the people should be limited. It's the limitless power given to the officers I am against.

Thanks for the moralising comment

Best wishes.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
A last comment .. I am an American citizen from birth, and I was really given the 3rd degree by an American immigration officer at the border when I tried to drive into the U.S. And that's my country!

I think they pelt you with question after question in order to trip you up, so that anything you say that's dishonest will cause you to stumble. As long as you're telling the truth, you can answer quickly. Unfortunately, it ends up being an unpleasant experience.

TG

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Truth is not enough as from my own experience. We both have been truthful since the begining but it didnt help. Locally hired visa officers are biased and start an interview with preconceived opinion about the applicant and the relationship. Rest of the application process since they send a letter for interview is a waste of time as they already make their mind as cases are flagged with different colors. For those who are interviewed and given the visa later on is just to make sure that the applicant behind the papers is the same person and meet the discription in the forms i.e. education, experience, appearance etc. They do not change their stance of refusing the application after the interview. They only change their stance on preapproved applications if the interviewee makes a real stupid mistake.

kingmaker

Star Member
Feb 21, 2008
Gotchaa,
Ask your wife to hire a lawyer..Could u please tell details about ur case???I was reading ur old posts u mentioned the reason that different culture and background of yr wife..wat did u mean by that??is she Pakistani origin ??

King Maker

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Gotchaa,

Doesn't the Caips notes give you more specific information about the refusal?
I know you have known your wife for a long time, I don't understand the refusal.
I wish you the best of luck. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for both of you.

God bless

arjun yadav

Jan 29, 2008
don't think any thing just apply for caips note you find it in cic.gc.ca , they take $5 and give information why they refuse, its take 5 to 6 weeks for it

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
we have hired a lawyer and she told us that once she will receive the file from CIC it will contain the CAIPS as well. I have already written a letter to CHC Islamabad to provide me in writing the reasons for refusal. Lets see if they write me back of not.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dear Gotchaa,

Its really difficult if once CIC, local Office decided for refusal/reject an application. then you need to go for appealing after that it will take around 1-2 years.

If you make it a little bit clear why local office refused your application.

I think local offices refuse applications with discussion of higher authorities not only athroized IOs an Immigration Officer can't refuse an application of spousal without any reason behind.

Just think where you made a mistake in your application or in documents then write letter to cic local offices for reason of refusal. Its my idea lets see what others saying....

Thanks
Rahimi

Help Me

Mar 26, 2008
I was reading through the above biased links and wanted to share my situation and ask for help. I've been married for almost two years now, i wasnt muslim before marriage, but converted after getting married. I married an Egyptian Muslim. I am Half Egyptian, half Canadian. I was born in Canada to a Canadian Mother, but Egyptian Muslim Father, but had nothing to do with my father and barely see or speak to him since my parents got divorced when i was very young. I became muslim only after getting married. Does that affect my chances of proving my relationship is Genuine. I recieved my University Degree from Egypt, does that help my case?? I'm confused. Do immigration officers not like culture changes, or believe they are possible?

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
if you two have no passed record of ex marriages or sponsorships then the cultural difference is not too much of a problem. The cultural difference problem aggravates when a couple seems incompatible from the eyes and mind of the CIC officer. They have been given unjustified power to say to a couple that you two are not compatible. In your case, your education from Egypt will help strengthen your case and your conversion to islam will not be taken in any adverse way. Dont worry just have faith and you will be through. Good Luck!

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
there is not problem with ex marriage but they need divorce cirtificate , well canada is multi cultural country there is no problem with islam hindu christanity jew or anything ,govt has no problem with religon ,

Gotchaa said:
if you two have no passed record of ex marriages or sponsorships then the cultural difference is not too much of a problem. The cultural difference problem aggravates when a couple seems incompatible from the eyes and mind of the CIC officer. They have been given unjustified power to say to a couple that you two are not compatible. In your case, your education from Egypt will help strengthen your case and your conversion to islam will not be taken in any adverse way. Dont worry just have faith and you will be through. Good Luck!

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Gotchaa,

May I ask what reasons they gave for your refusal? I think this is terrible. We all wanted you to have good news.

Will you be appealing? I imagine so.

Good luck and God Bless