+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reason Why Aug to Dec, 2020 AOR's Will Likely receive COPR Within 6 months Timeline

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
The major reason that majority of applicants with August to December, 2020 AOR will receive COPR's within the 6 months timeline is because they were able to book biometric appointments in November, 2020 with Service Canada. Unlike other prior months in 2020 who initially had to wait for calls for biometrics appointment and then eventually the decision was made to exempt applicants who had provided biometrics in August, 2020 within 10 years.

My AOR is July 8, 2020 and was only able complete my biometrics on November 30, 2020, which is an integral step needed before criminality and security background check can begin.Security check can take up to 110 days on average.

IRCC is still efficient, I think the delay in biometrics put the processing of files in disarray.

Last edited:

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
+1 to this. This is true. I believe they should be able to catch up with the backlog in few weeks. #FingersCrossed.

Reactions: assen89

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
+1 to this. This is true. I believe they should be able to catch up with the backlog in few weeks. #FingersCrossed.
People like to point the blame at IRCC, but fail to acknowledge the next two stages: criminality and security are not within their control and are handled by different government agencies that take an average of 110 days to complete the process. After biometrics got delayed, and were eventually reopened at Service Canada for online bookings in November,2020,this this resulted in a massive backlog not only for IRCC, but for the agencies responsible for criminal and background checks as well.

I completed my biometrics November 30, 2020, so I assume worse case scenario will likely receive COPR sometime in March,2021 if the security check takes the average 110 days.However, most of the time it is concluded much earlier.

Last edited:

Eagle_2020

Jan 27, 2021
I do not agree with this at all. What about the applications that have all the stages passed? I’m waiting since the October 2020 for the final decision. All the stages has been passed and every time that I call IRCC, the only answer is everything is fine and you just have to wait for the final decision. 5 months for a final decision is way too much and there is no justification. I’m pretty sure that like me there are a lot of applications. Bad management by IRCC is affecting us very badly! We have our lives on hold because of them.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
People like to point the blame at IRCC, but fail to acknowledge the next two stages: criminality and security are not within their control and are handled by different government agencies that take an average of 110 days to complete the process. After biometrics got delayed, and were eventually reopened at Service Canada for online bookings in November,2020,this this resulted in a massive backlog not only for IRCC, but for the agencies responsible for criminal and background checks as well.

I completed my biometrics November 30, 2020, so I assume worse case scenario will likely receive COPR sometime in March,2021 if the security check takes the average 110 days.However, most of the time it is concluded much earlier.
I differ on the above. If that is the case, how may to aug appl are getting Copr and Jan to April inspire of completing biometrics in oct yet to get. I say many . It all comes to luck and depends on your case officer availability as we all know every one including Ircc is facing challenges with manpower

Reactions: kiwissima

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I differ on the above. If that is the case, how may to aug appl are getting Copr and Jan to April inspire of completing biometrics in oct yet to get. I say many . It all comes to luck and depends on your case officer availability as we all know every one including Ircc is facing challenges with manpower
According to IMM Tracker, more than 90% of applicants with AOR from January and February, 2020 have received COPR under CEC,FSW and PNP. The delay seems to lie with March, April and May,2020 AOR's whose applications were received during the first three month of the pandemic for some odd reason. Even a vast number of June, 2020 applicants have received COPR and well will likely reach 90% mark in the next couple of weeks, now CEC is being processed at full capacity.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cec-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

Last edited:

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
I do not agree with this at all. What about the applications that have all the stages passed? I’m waiting since the October 2020 for the final decision. All the stages has been passed and every time that I call IRCC, the only answer is everything is fine and you just have to wait for the final decision. 5 months for a final decision is way too much and there is no justification. I’m pretty sure that like me there are a lot of applications. Bad management by IRCC is affecting us very badly! We have our lives on hold because of them.
I agree with what you said about poor management. Some of us were called to do biometrics in early October so that biometrics argument makes no sense.

Reactions: dgeorge

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Been waiting since July 23 - how are other people who have applied in Sep/Aug are getting it? I am literally a single applicant, in Canada since 5 years, no travel history since 2017, all Canadian credentials and worked for 2 years. How much more hard can it be.... idk what's the hold up.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Been waiting since July 23 - how are other people who have applied in Sep/Aug are getting it? I am literally a single applicant, in Canada since 5 years, no travel history since 2017, all Canadian credentials and worked for 2 years. How much more hard can it be.... idk what's the hold up.
When did you do your biometrics? I think the reason Sep/Aug are receiving COPR before applicants in prior months is based on different reasons such as:
-How fast VO officer goes through files in his queue.
-When criminality and background check is received from government agencies responsible
- If Province VO office is located is in lockdown/not in lockdown
-When biometrics was completed
-If dependents are inland or outland
-How fast local VO sends COPR email, after IRCC Ottawa sends the file to them after conclusion on their end

Just to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaxT

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
When did you do your biometrics? I think the reason Sep/Aug are receiving COPR before applicants in prior months is based on different reasons such as:
-How fast VO officer goes through files in his queue.
-When criminality and background check is received from government agencies responsible
- Province VO office is located is not under lockdown
-When Biometrics was completed
-If dependents are inland or outland

Just to name a few.
Mine has already been given in 2020 for previous wp application - i am exempt. still heard nothing..

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I am getting very depressed.. not good for me. Where is your file at? Which VO?
My VO is Ottawa. No need to get depressed, your application has not been rejected like other applicants and your not in tough situation like new graduates who are struggling to get jobs and the required hours that qualify to apply for express entry, that recently just got provided with an 18 month extension lifeline.

You are actually in a priviledged position compared to many others struggling and are just waiting for COPR.

Reactions: JaxT

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
My VO is Ottawa. No need to get depressed, your application has not been rejected like other applicants and your not in tough situation like new graduates who are struggling to get jobs and the required hours that qualify to apply for express entry, that recently just got provided with an 18 month extension lifeline.

You are actually in a priviledged position compared to many others struggling and are just waiting for COPR.
I agree with you - but I am upset because I cannot do the things that I want to do for myself. Honestly I don’t care about much about the COPR. I just want to know I’m approved and that would be enough for me. So I can be assured I’m a Permanent resident and can just continue living my life. That’s why I’m upset. And depressed. Haven’t seen my family in 3 years by mom and 11 year old sibling were refused at the boarding gate to come visit me because I am not on a Pr yet. These are the reasons why. I know even like yourself, waiting for 12 years , it’s not a joke and I seriously commend you and everyone else who have been waiting.. but I just want to have the assurity that I’m approved and then I don’t mind waiting for the copr or Pr card whatever it is