+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reason to cancel PR card renewal application ?

ftbird

Nov 2, 2011
Last week I was informed by CIC that my PR card renewal application was transferred to Client Service Unit, the process would be delayed. I met the 730 days requirement only if I count the days (nearly two month) that I was sent to my home country by a Canadian company. I calculated this way in my application.But I'll meet the 730 days physically staying requirement by next month without counting that oversea working days. I want to withdraw current application and reapply in next two month which perhaps even faster than waiting their verification. I need to provide a reasonable reason to withdraw my application therefore I won't face problem when I reapply. What kind of reason should I list in my withdraw letter? Thanks!

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Officially, you cannot withdraw your PR application.. most probably they sent it to that unit to forcibly delay your process until you meet the obligation.. as when you will come to pickup your PR you should meet the residency within the 5 years prior the pickup notification letter date.
So simply wait..
If you have to travel, a COPR is enough with some evidence that you are living in Canada (include the delay letter from CIC) to let any visa office abroad issue you a return visa.. while traveling to the US by car does not need a PR card. this is what CIC call center informed when calling them on a similar issue