+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reason PGWP takes so long this year!

lebronjames

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Hi 105 days is working days or all the days like i received the letter april 23rd stated:

Current expected dates is 06-29-2015
Processing office is CPC Vegreville

so how i can calculate mine? thanks

shinksy

Sep 3, 2015
I am in a bit of conundrum myself. I got an offer right as soon as I was done school for May 1st and I started working on May4th because of the holiday break the company I used to work for (I was fired on July 31 the day my initial Study Permit expired and it has remark that I can work full-time during scheduled breaks). I didn't receive my confirmation of completion(showing that I have graduated) on time so I started working on May 4th. I got my letter on May 12th from the university and I applied that day for pgwp.

Also at that time, I didn't know there was an extra $100 I had to pay and having heard from my friend that it is now $255. I paid the $100 just a couple of days ago. It now day 114 and my application is still open and I haven't heard anything back.

I am kind of freaking out and stressing out because I applied a week before I started working? I just want to know if anyone is in the same and what they think.

CanEEPR

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbwar said:
Thanks for the response as I am also on same boat. I have filed WP extension on 30th April. Any idea how much time it will take more to get new extended WP??

Also Can you suggest if I go back to India while WP is in progress will it be processed or rejected??
Hi, can you please let me know if you got your WP ext approved ? if yes , when

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Stefanovic said:
@lebronJames - U applied april 23rd, did you get your permit?
There is a thread on PGWP: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lets-share-timeline-pgwp-march-applicant-t284967.0.html Someone was kind enough put together a list of members' submission & permit approval dates. It's a pretty big thread, there are many of us who simply have been asked to put our lives on hold while we wait for something to happen from CIC

I applied on May 02, and I'm still waiting... :(

justinw1234

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Wow....why you guys can't wait for PGWP.... It's good for them to process for longer time. We have implied status. AS long as we find a job we can work. if they don't give us for a year, then we can stay for four years....