+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying for study visa after change in course and university outside Canada

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Hello guys,
I had received admissions and visa for Masters in Finance program at Uni of Montreal for Jan 2022 intake, got visa acceptance late(in Feb),so Uni cancelled my admissions. Now I have changed my Uni to Cape Breton Uni and the program is Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Analytics for Fall 2022 intake. Will the change of course create any problem? I have a BBA degree with 1.5 years of work-ex,IELTS-7.Also should I apply under SDS category or Non-SDS? I've heard Non-SDS is faster for Indian applicants

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
You already have BBA why are you applying for post baccalaureate diploma you will probably get a rejection due to course selection

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Post bacc in business is for people who want to do business mostly and they don't have a background in Business it's not normally considered as career progression

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
You already have BBA why are you applying for post baccalaureate diploma you will probably get a rejection due to course selection
My BBA did not cover topics related to business anaytics.It was specialized in Financial Markets,I'm currently working in Financial Services sector,want to switch to a more programming/analytical role.

Reactions: baome

baome

Mar 3, 2020
Since you already got the admission in the university , Can't you defer your program instead ?

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Since you already got the admission in the university , Can't you defer your program instead ?
I had requested them to defer, but they asked me to reapply for the fall cycle.I did so,got a refusal from them saying they found 'better applications',despite payment of 1 year fee and approved study visa. So I changed my program and university for Fall intake,as I did not want to waste any more time

Reactions: baome