+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying for study permit

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
Will the university accept a student who had previously applied and got accepted but since the study permit was denied, the student plans to apply again to the program for the next intake? Basically start the university application process entirely again.

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Will the university accept a student who had previously applied and got accepted but since the study permit was denied, the student plans to apply again to the program for the next intake? Basically start the university application process entirely again.
This completely depends on the Uni, so before you apply contact them and explain your situation regarding denied visa and enquire if they consider student applying the second time. You can also ask them if they can consider your case with your previous offer .

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
This completely depends on the Uni, so before you apply contact them and explain your situation regarding denied visa and enquire if they consider student applying the second time. You can also ask them if they can consider your case with your previous offer .
I did mail them about this. This is what they sent me- "You can certainly be considered for admission for a future semester at XXX university but it will be necessary for you to submit a new application, including application fee. Please note that if you decide to apply again, you will not have to submit any supporting documents that we have already received"

Sblue

May 19, 2021
I did mail them about this. This is what they sent me- "You can certainly be considered for admission for a future semester at XXX university but it will be necessary for you to submit a new application, including application fee. Please note that if you decide to apply again, you will not have to submit any supporting documents that we have already received"
That's not nice. Send them your refusal letter and ask them to reconsider given this is not your decision to defer.

fishnchip92

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Go ahead and apply because your profile was good enough to get selected the first time so you'll get through.
Good luck

Reactions: Ibz2000