+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying for PR Through Express Entry

wanderer413

Jan 11, 2018
Hi everyone, my query is that if I am unable to meet the residency requirement for Permanent Residence and if I lose my status will I be able to re-apply for PR again (given current laws etc.). If yes, then does the fact that I lost the PR status due to unmet residency obligation have any negative bearing on the new PR application? If you answer, can you please mention the source (CIC website etc.) or whether your answer is based on the fact that since the CIC does not specifically mentions this case it implies that having lost previous PR status has no implication on a new application.

PS: I understand that one does not lose status automatically if the residency requirement is not met, but my question is for the scenario where one does lose the status.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No you can apply again without any problem. Seems like you are aware you would have to renounce your PR first.

wanderer413

Jan 11, 2018
No you can apply again without any problem. Seems like you are aware you would have to renounce your PR first.
Thanks Canuck78, just wanted to know what your answer is based on, I have read similar responses in other forums, is your answer based on similar experiences by other people you have come across or simply because the PR application does not ask regarding previous PR status details

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Other people have done the same thing. It is not as unusual as you think. Some people think they are ready to move but change their mind for a variety of reasons. There is nothing wrong with reapplying. You are the one who has to go through the time and expense of reapplying again.

Reactions: wanderer413