+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying after a refusal

Chlowi

Apr 28, 2023
Hello somebody ,
I'd like to make a reapplication for a just recent refusal on the grounds that I did not declare my previous US refusals . This was an unintentional act, a mistake and a complete oversight on my part. I applied in may 2022 and was refused in may 2023

I did raise a webform after I discovered the mistake in April 2023 and two weeks after the webform, I was refused .

My question is , can I go ahead and make a reapplication , staying that I did try to notify them of my mistake ,

Secondly , will the application take the duration of previous time ?

Thirdly , what is the success rates for reapplications after denials . I'd appreciate your responses ... Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello somebody ,
I'd like to make a reapplication for a just recent refusal on the grounds that I did not declare my previous US refusals . This was an unintentional act, a mistake and a complete oversight on my part. I applied in may 2022 and was refused in may 2023

I did raise a webform after I discovered the mistake in April 2023 and two weeks after the webform, I was refused .

My question is , can I go ahead and make a reapplication , staying that I did try to notify them of my mistake ,

Thirdly , what is the success rates for reapplications after denials . I'd appreciate your responses ... Thank you
What were reasons for refusal? Did you get a notice of a ban?

1. You can reapply. You must declare all refusals.
2. Start over. It is a new application.
3. Cannot say as it is dependant on your profile.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
what is strange is that we got refused in February within 2 weeks of applying, we reapplied with every single posible document answering all the rejection points in refusal letter and we are still waiting ...been 6 weeks...so how does it make sense, first they refused within 2 weeks and reapplied and 6 weeks and counting still no news... if they are going to refuse again why make people wait and have false hope...or maybe im wrong and they do approve? hence the longer decision time?

Reactions: Chlowi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what is strange is that we got refused in February within 2 weeks of applying, we reapplied with every single posible document answering all the rejection points in refusal letter and we are still waiting ...been 6 weeks...so how does it make sense, first they refused within 2 weeks and reapplied and 6 weeks and counting still no news... if they are going to refuse again why make people wait and have false hope...or maybe im wrong and they do approve? hence the longer decision time?
The length of processing doesn't indicate either a refusal or approval. Processing times vary based on application volumes. Keep in mind that there was just a short strike which may have delayed applications.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Processing varies. Well IRCC was on strike for two weeks so there is now a backlog and people getting back to work.

Chlowi

Apr 28, 2023

Thank you so much for the reply . I'll reapply within the week . I will also keep this thread updated ....

Chlowi

Apr 28, 2023

No I didn't get a notice of ban . It was a refusal with the reason being my declaration to the question ....if you have been refused entry to Canada or any other country ...

Even after I raised a webform , I got the refusal two weeks after , I'm not sure the webform was seen

Chlowi

Apr 28, 2023
Hang in there please , your case will be positive for your reapplication , what was the reason for your refusal ?

Chlowi

Apr 28, 2023
Hello somebody ,

In addition, I did apply with my son , there is no decision on his log in as my dependant . Maybe because he is a minor . I wouldn't know

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Processing varies. Well IRCC was on strike for two weeks so there is now a backlog and people getting back to work.
no.. this is prior to strike... processing times varies but no basis to that..as I said it was within 2 weeks vs 6 weeks and counting

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hang in there please , your case will be positive for your reapplication , what was the reason for your refusal ?
same as everyone..... that they do not believe they will leave canada and reasons dont match to what we put in the application, mind you it was all the same reasoning... its so automated and generic as it states on the refusal letter "Generic"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
no.. this is prior to strike... processing times varies but no basis to that..as I said it was within 2 weeks vs 6 weeks and counting
2 weeks would have been refusal based on AI system while longer processing times usually mean manual review of applications. That is why the difference in processing times.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
2 weeks would have been refusal based on AI system while longer processing times usually mean manual review of applications. That is why the difference in processing times.
case in point, they are using AI as well as manual.. how are you certain...curious to know how you are able to determine AI and manual?

Last edited: