+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapply for CAQ and Study permit From Winter 2018 To FALL2019

AL95

Jun 4, 2019
Hi,

I got my CAQ and Study permit for Winter 2019 (January 2019) But I could not arrive in time so I decided to make a deferral.
Which means I missed Winter 2019 Spring and Summer Semester

Now, do I have to reapply for CAQ and study permit to join Fall 2019 Semester (September 2019)

Thanks in advance guys,

Last edited:

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Well,I guess I can answer this one because I'm in the same situation.I got my study permit for Jan 2019 intake for Conestoga college.But due to some issues,I wasn't able to go there and start.Since I'm fine now,I applied in a college in Montreal,got my CAQ done.But I'll not apply for a study permit as I already have it and I'll land with the same and get it extended there only.

AL95

Jun 4, 2019
Well,I guess I can answer this one because I'm in the same situation.I got my study permit for Jan 2019 intake for Conestoga college.But due to some issues,I wasn't able to go there and start.Since I'm fine now,I applied in a college in Montreal,got my CAQ done.But I'll not apply for a study permit as I already have it and I'll land with the same and get it extended there only.
Hi,
Thank you so much for your response
I also think It should be fine, and I might have to do the same as you said. However, there was a thing that had me thinking that
I contact Midi and their I answer was I have to contact the Immigration Department of Canada in my country to know the exact answer whether or not I have to reapply for my Study permit

after I contact the Immigration Department of Canada in my country the gave me the answer that "Please be advised that you need to reapply for a new study permit application with your new CAQ information"

I am just so afraid that using my current Study permit to enter Canada might be illegal.

At this point I don't know that to do.

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Well you have to apply for a new CAQ but not the TRV/Visa.Below is what The High Commission of Canada,New Delhi replied to me :

If your Study Permit is still valid but your re-entry temporary resident visa (TRV) for Canada has expired, you may apply for a single- or multiple-entry TRV. A multiple-entry TRV will normally be issued with the same validity as your Study Permit, or your passport, whichever expires earlier. Please be sure to enclose a copy of your valid Study Permit with your TRV application.

So,it means we don't need to apply for a new Visa as long as we have the existing one valid.

AL95

Jun 4, 2019
Thank you for your help @ankush0177

follow up with my case,
Despite that they told me to reapply for a study permit with new CAQ at the beginning but after 2 months, they told me that my current one is still valid, and I just need to extend it when I have to

Last edited:

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Thank you for your help @ankush0177

follow up with my case,
Despite that they told me to reapply for a study permit with new CAQ at the beginning but after 2 months, they told me that my current one is still valid, and I just need to extend it when I have to
so you'll be landing with the same?