+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapply after SP refusal

Sblue

May 19, 2021
Hi everyone, so finally I have received my GCMS notes and I need all the help. I had previously not included my SOP but now I have written one. Why in tourism management because my field is tourism and I represent airlines in my country. The course is around travel, culture, ethics of tourism, destination development, so the fit is correct, I wont be changing the course.

Notes say:
Masters in Tourism Management
PA completed Textile Design in 2010, she did not provide transcript/academic record. (I had attached my degree only)
States she has been working as an airline manager since 2019, previously was project manager for 5 years
Given the applicants previous and extensive education and employment history, i am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular program , at this point in time.
Therefor, i am not satisfied that the applicant is a bona fide student. who will leave Canada.

Please ask me anything and help. My refusal was based on one clause, Purpose of Visit

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Ur course is not seem to be the problem..but ur previous work experience appears to be the reason as u worked as a manager and project manager and that too for a good amount of time..keep in mind that u have to convince the officer that u will get benefits from ur Canadian education in ur home country..ur designation as manager is high level of post which caused the problem ..still u can try to underrate it by showing low salary package ( if it's the case )..and high salary package u would get after completing Canadian education..u can underrate company's u worked for highlighting them as not so well established ones.. attach all the transcript and docs .give them solid reasons...best of luck

Reactions: Sblue

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Hi everyone, so finally I have received my GCMS notes and I need all the help. I had previously not included my SOP but now I have written one. Why in tourism management because my field is tourism and I represent airlines in my country. The course is around travel, culture, ethics of tourism, destination development, so the fit is correct, I wont be changing the course.

Notes say:
Masters in Tourism Management
PA completed Textile Design in 2010, she did not provide transcript/academic record. (I had attached my degree only)
States she has been working as an airline manager since 2019, previously was project manager for 5 years
Given the applicants previous and extensive education and employment history, i am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular program , at this point in time.
Therefor, i am not satisfied that the applicant is a bona fide student. who will leave Canada.

Please ask me anything and help. My refusal was based on one clause, Purpose of Visit
1)You should add all your mark sheets/degree etc. from your previous education.
2) You know it, SOP is very important in cases with Gap + experience! You need to make a VERY strong one and press on the ROI, very very very essential.

Make sure you give this preparation quiet some time and don’t rush, one refusal is already painful. Next application should be well thought out and researched.

Reactions: Sblue and Aesopzai

Sblue

May 19, 2021
Ur course is not seem to be the problem..but ur previous work experience appears to be the reason as u worked as a manager and project manager and that too for a good amount of time..keep in mind that u have to convince the officer that u will get benefits from ur Canadian education in ur home country..ur designation as manager is high level of post which caused the problem ..still u can try to underrate it by showing low salary package ( if it's the case )..and high salary package u would get after completing Canadian education..u can underrate company's u worked for highlighting them as not so well established ones.. attach all the transcript and docs .give them solid reasons...best of luck
Thank you. great advice. I did show i worked for a fantastic organization, Ill downplay that.

Sblue

May 19, 2021
1)You should add all your mark sheets/degree etc. from your previous education.
2) You know it, SOP is very important in cases with Gap + experience! You need to make a VERY strong one and press on the ROI, very very very essential.

Make sure you give this preparation quiet some time and don’t rush, one refusal is already painful. Next application should be well thought out and researched.
Yes, i've added all that now.
I was writing my SOP since 24 May and thought about it every minute and second of my life lol
Thank you, thank you for the advice.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Others have given nice inputs.
I only wish to add one thing- You can show how the textile design course is not going to help you up the corporate ladder in the long run.
Do you also have great travel history? If yes, you can show your artistic side as to why this matters.
If you don’t have much travel history, play that to your advantage by saying how this tourism course will fill the gaps that your job cannot fill.

Sorry for your refusal. When is your class starting? Hope there is time.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

Sblue

May 19, 2021
Others have given nice inputs.
I only wish to add one thing- You can show how the textile design course is not going to help you up the corporate ladder in the long run.
Do you also have great travel history? If yes, you can show your artistic side as to why this matters.
If you don’t have much travel history, play that to your advantage by saying how this tourism course will fill the gaps that your job cannot fill.

Sorry for your refusal. When is your class starting? Hope there is time.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.
Cool. yes I've added how there wasn't much scope in print after I graduated in 2010.
re travel history, yes I have lots, attaching visas of last 10 years too.

I have to let university know by 06 August so tight on time and fingers crossed but I can do orientation online by mid August and go after. I'll apply tomorrow and get back in the race.