+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplication for DLI Changing.

l4rahman

Sep 5, 2019
If I proceed for a reapplication to change DLI and am somehow refused, will my previously accepted Study Permit remain active?

My passport has been stamped on 13th February for an Uni. I want to change my DLI for Fall 23.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If I proceed for a reapplication to change DLI and am somehow refused, will my previously accepted Study Permit remain active?

My passport has been stamped on 13th February for an Uni. I want to change my DLI for Fall 23.
So you have an approved study permit, never studied at school and are outside Canada? If so, if you want to change programs, you need a need a new study permit.

l4rahman

Sep 5, 2019
Yes, I have an approved SP, and yet to enter Canada. Now my question is, If i apply again for a new Study Permit and the result is a refusal what will happen to my old approved Study Permit? will it be inactive due to my latest refusal?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes, I have an approved SP, and yet to enter Canada. Now my question is, If i apply again for a new Study Permit and the result is a refusal what will happen to my old approved Study Permit? will it be inactive due to my latest refusal?
I don't think anyone has a sure answer to this. It's likely that the previous SP will become invalid as soon as a new application is processed, regardless of the outcome of the new application. I am just speculating though.

If your new DLI and course are on par, or superior to the one you got approved on, chances are you will be approved again. I had the same issue and my re-application was approved as well.

Reactions: Naturgrl

l4rahman

Sep 5, 2019
Actually, my first application was refused. 2nd time I received Study Permit. So for the third time, having trauma of this excruciating waiting game and uncertainty factors. My first two application was for Ontario Tech University. Recently, received offer letter from University of Alberta. Same subject "Engineering Management". I want to study at uAlberta, but not sure if going all in would be wise if previous study permit gets invalid due to the new application.

usmankhan2121

Jan 5, 2023
Actually, my first application was refused. 2nd time I received Study Permit. So for the third time, having trauma of this excruciating waiting game and uncertainty factors. My first two application was for Ontario Tech University. Recently, received offer letter from University of Alberta. Same subject "Engineering Management". I want to study at uAlberta, but not sure if going all in would be wise if previous study permit gets invalid due to the new application.
transfer credits after studying 1 sems on that uni from which you got visa. Bec nobody knows what ircc will do. even if you study 1 semster you are allowed to change DLI

Bums

Jun 16, 2023

I'm having same issue...how far have you gone

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
So you have an approved study permit, never studied at school and are outside Canada? If so, if you want to change programs, you need a need a new study permit.
Please what are the process and supporting documents

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
I don't think anyone has a sure answer to this. It's likely that the previous SP will become invalid as soon as a new application is processed, regardless of the outcome of the new application. I am just speculating though.

If your new DLI and course are on par, or superior to the one you got approved on, chances are you will be approved again. I had the same issue and my re-application was approved as well.
Please how long does it take to get an approval

l4rahman

Sep 5, 2019
Of course my study permit is approved. I wanted to change my DLI after approval. But didnt take the risk.