+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Really confused. Please Help

khaleesiv

Jun 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I got into Meng Aerospace @Concordia. I've been advised to pay the first year fee and present the receipt for visa purposes. But when I contacted concerned person regarding payment of tuition fee, they wrote back stating the fee is not due till september 30 for the fall'15 term. ie., after I've registered for the courses.

My friend who is currently a student at Concordia, mentioned about paying the fee via myconcordia portal and it'll display the amount that should payed and is due. But mine shows nothing so far. As I've already payed confirmation deposit of 250$. He also mentioned paying the first year fee, but has no idea about it because it was handled completely by an agency.

I want to know how to pay the first year fee? Will the portal start showing the amount due when it nears the term?

What should I do?

sandeepsingh96

Feb 9, 2015
Delhi
Visa Office......
VFS Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
26-04-2015
You must wait 1 week after the wire transfer so it will display in your account summary on CP.

khaleesiv

Jun 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandeepsingh96 said:
You must wait 1 week after the wire transfer so it will display in your account summary on CP.
Sorry, I think I was not clear above. What I'm trying to ask is, my portal shows "you have no outstanding charges at this time" as I've already payed the confirmation deposit. So I'm confused as to whether I can still wire transfer a 1 year fee or if I should wait till my portal shows the amount that is due, to be payed?

sandeepsingh96

Feb 9, 2015
Delhi
Visa Office......
VFS Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
26-04-2015
After registering courses, did you see outstanding amount? In KPU, I registered for courses than it shows outstanding balance so later I paid 1yr fees.

hannahmay

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had a similar issue talking to a representative at my own university - they didn't understand I was an international student who needed it for visa purposes (luckily I never ended up needing to show it for proof though). I browsed through my university website and found a specific page regarding internationals paying tuition, how to do it and the forms regarding it.

Also, just because the university says the payment isn't due until X date doesn't mean you can't pay it - I tend to think it's laziness on their part.

I suggest trying to explain your situation in detail to this representative and they SHOULD know what you mean, or find someone else to help you - if you haven't already. Make sure you try to ring up the international student sector of your university, rather than just general admissions/similar - they tend to have more knowledge in dealing with international student issues. Good luck.