+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REAL REASONS BEHIND THIS SLOW/PAUSED PROCESSING

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Although they told us many times that their plan is to reduce the backlog and be fair for the ones that were waiting the most, nothing is being done towards that.

Comment on the below:

1-What is the real reason for pausing issuance of Medicals and Visa's for OLD SYSTEM/PRE FEB 2008, is it because:
1.1 - NEW SYSTEM/POST FEB 2008 Applicants are given priority, or
1.2 - They are slowing down and waiting for the elections to get over (This would affect all, OLD and NEW SYSTEM)
1.3 - They are waiting for the new ministrial instructions

Just for Info: We are 2006 applicants, still waiting, I have a dozen of friends that applied in 2008/2009 and are already there in CANADA, what kind of system is this, and what happened to FIRST IN FIRST OUT concept? I'm not gonna add more on this subject as I'm pretty sure many asked this questions and many commented, I just needed to say it, and I already know that some ppl are waiting since 2004, so please don't bother mentioning it.

Ciao

brosef77

Apr 30, 2011
If I am understanding you correctly you are saying that you applied in 2008 and still have not received word as to your status?

Thats insane.

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me and Youskal and some other friends are 2006 applicants that our files has been transformed to Warsaw office in 2010. We received update request on second half of 2010. Afterward the whole process has been stopped. The answer of Warsaw office to our inquiry was this:
"Since we have larger inventory that the visa plan We are not in position to advice you when can make the decision on your application nor we can give you a time line".
After more that 5 years of waiting they put us ON HOLD for indefinite time.
If you have any information regarding to this matter please share it with us.
Thx

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
The real reason for slow processing of Pre-Feb 2008 is BAD PLANNING plain and simple.

First CIC took on applications when it far exceeded their intake ie visa quotas.

Second CIC started Post-Feb 2008 and Post June 2010 queues without finalisation of pre-feb 2008 applications.

Third CIC did not put a cap after Post-feb 2008 instructions, they did so only after June 2010, in the process creating another backlog.

In a nutshell it is botched policy, lacks direction and planning. The ministerial instructions are meaningless as most of them who qualify will not be able to work in their fields for years and that too if they retrain or in simple words go back to school, back to square one.

Lastly, about the FIRST IN AND FIRST OUT concept..... it is a shame they do not honour their word. But one is helpless. And as they say life is not fair and certainly Canadian immigration policies are not fair either.

In some visa office even 2003 applicants are waiting for a decision. How is that???

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Well said.

pb55 said:
The real reason for slow processing of Pre-Feb 2008 is BAD PLANNING plain and simple.

First CIC took on applications when it far exceeded their intake ie visa quotas.

Second CIC started Post-Feb 2008 and Post June 2010 queues without finalisation of pre-feb 2008 applications.

Third CIC did not put a cap after Post-feb 2008 instructions, they did so only after June 2010, in the process creating another backlog.

In a nutshell it is botched policy, lacks direction and planning. The ministerial instructions are meaningless as most of them who qualify will not be able to work in their fields for years and that too if they retrain or in simple words go back to school, back to square one.

Lastly, about the FIRST IN AND FIRST OUT concept..... it is a shame they do not honour their word. But one is helpless. And as they say life is not fair and certainly Canadian immigration policies are not fair either.

In some visa office even 2003 applicants are waiting for a decision. How is that???

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
pb55 said:

Well, they needed to do that as they need the finances to uphold their economy. I mean, this is not a hidden fact, all their politicians agree that they need immigrants to strengthen the economy. I mean, even we the applicants have no doubts about this fact.

Second CIC started Post-Feb 2008 and Post June 2010 queues without finalization of pre-feb 2008 applications.
Again, if they did that, then that would mean, no new applicants hence no "new money", isn't it?

Well, again, round robin - goes back to the first and second point (LOL).

I cannot but fully agree with your analysis though.

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3557566/Illegals-given-visas-for-bribes.html
Oh well, hope this is not what is going on somewhere else.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
pb55 said:

You are spot-on. +1

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
How can they reduce the backlog when new ministerial instructions are being issued and priority is given to new applicants only?
It's impossible to satisfy both the old applicants and the new ones, right. As simple as that.

So advice for the old applicants, just withdraw blindly and apply with a fresh leash of life and I bet you'll in
Canada in 2012!!!!!

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
kchakus said:
How can they reduce the backlog when new ministerial instructions are being issued and priority is given to new applicants only?
It's impossible to satisfy both the old applicants and the new ones, right. As simple as that.

So advice for the old applicants, just withdraw blindly and apply with a fresh leash of life and I bet you'll in
Canada in 2012!!!!!
Not necessarily, no need to withdraw is what I meant. I had an old application (In Process for three and a half years). When the new quota of fast track NOCs came out, I submitted a fresh application. You can track the progress on the left. The old one is still IN PROCESS

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pb55 said:

I fully agree with you. They are just playing with our intelligence.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
youskal said:
Although they told us many times that their plan is to reduce the backlog and be fair for the ones that were waiting the most, nothing is being done towards that.

Comment on the below:

1-What is the real reason for pausing issuance of Medicals and Visa's for OLD SYSTEM/PRE FEB 2008, is it because:
1.1 - NEW SYSTEM/POST FEB 2008 Applicants are given priority, or
1.2 - They are slowing down and waiting for the elections to get over (This would affect all, OLD and NEW SYSTEM)
1.3 - They are waiting for the new ministrial instructions

Just for Info: We are 2006 applicants, still waiting, I have a dozen of friends that applied in 2008/2009 and are already there in CANADA, what kind of system is this, and what happened to FIRST IN FIRST OUT concept? I'm not gonna add more on this subject as I'm pretty sure many asked this questions and many commented, I just needed to say it, and I already know that some ppl are waiting since 2004, so please don't bother mentioning it.

Ciao
How does first in, first out help if you do not have the skills Canada needs in its job market?

Applicants who have experience on the in-demand list are given priority because they most fulfil Canadian job market demands.

If you have experience in one of those categories, there is nothing to stop you filing a parallel application under fast track. If you do not, there is nothing to stop you from securing a job offer and still applying under the fast track system.

If you are not prepared to put the effort in to secure a job offer, then you may have to wait for quite some time - so I guess it's your call as to how much you want to go.

Wayne.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
The interesting and really surprising fact is I'm an experienced guy and my qualification and experience was part of the 29 occupations provided earlier and yet my application wasn't processed because I'm part of the Pre-Feb 2008 list. Hence I need to re-apply under the fast track to prove my credentials or wait, I suppose, indefinitely without any sort of initimation from CIC, for my visa as part of the backlog application.

This is not injustice, it's much more than that.