+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Real processing time inquiry

omre30

Apr 12, 2023
Hi everyone, I want to know what's the processing time approximately from the moment you apply and submit your application to the moment you receive your passport please. When I check the "Processing time", it says 22 months. However, as I'm looking through the threads, I see the majority is finalizing application within 1 year. Can someone please clarify the processing time?

Many thanks and all the best!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I want to know what's the processing time approximately from the moment you apply and submit your application to the moment you receive your passport please. When I check the "Processing time", it says 22 months. However, as I'm looking through the threads, I see the majority is finalizing application within 1 year. Can someone please clarify the processing time?

Most of the Citizenship application get completed in ~ 1 yr. Some a bit faster and some a bit slower.

Reactions: omre30

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015

The standard target is to have 80% processed in 12 months. During 2021 they managed to get through 10% in 12 months.
There are reports of oath after 4 months. There are those who are still waiting for a test for 2+ years. It truly is impossible to say because every case is different. None are the same.

How long is a piece of string?

Reactions: omre30