+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready to Travel - for Valid COPR - "Extended Family"

Pradip83

Dec 21, 2020
In that way they will be automatically exempted since you are immediate family and does not require AL to travel( as of todays rules)
Should be. But I am not sure on this.
In my case I was the PA, travelled earlier and then my family joined me after couple of months

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
In that way they will be automatically exempted since you are immediate family and does not require AL to travel( as of todays rules)
@legalfalcon .... Is that correct?????

Can I travel alone basis my AL... and my Dependents will follow later????? We are COPR holders and would be entering for the first time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon .... Is that correct?????

Can I travel alone basis my AL... and my Dependents will follow later????? We are COPR holders and would be entering for the first time.
If you have an AL, you can travel. However, the dependent family members cannot land before the PA does. Also, when you land, it is at the discretion of the Border Security Officer (BSO) to allow you to land and enter Canada.

Technically, yes, you can do it.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi @legalfalcon I just received a response from IRCC, and they have refused to issue me a travel Authorization letter.
I had mailed them and explained to them that I have COPR issued to me, attached imm0006 form, and gave reason as family reunification.

But they refused me saying that I do not have a valid Canadian travel document (electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa), which you need for air travel and entry to Canada.

I don't understand, I have COPR... I can travel if they issued me the letter.
Also, what is eTA???? Should I apply for that tooo???

Thanks for everything.
Did u fill the form for your spouse?if yes What relationship you mentioned? I am in similar situation and want to apply for authorization letter

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Hi, I resent the mail and was granted AL...

Best of luck to you too
what about your family? did you try to get AL for them?

Also i stand corrected, immediate family AL exemption is only if you are coming from US. All others need to get authorization from ircc.

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
what about your family? did you try to get AL for them?

Also i stand corrected, immediate family AL exemption is only if you are coming from US. All others need to get authorization from ircc.
I have raised a request... but still awaiting an answer

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
I have raised a request... but still awaiting an answer
Sorry for repeating. Did u fill form imm06 for your spouse? My confusion is option of relationship only applies to us as sibling so what to select for spouse?

Agastya

Nov 29, 2017
Sorry for repeating. Did u fill form imm06 for your spouse? My confusion is option of relationship only applies to us as sibling so what to select for spouse?
Spouse would be immediate family... I believe they don't need imm006