+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready to depart for canada

memon81

Apr 6, 2013
Dear forum member i am new to this forum. I have finally got the visa and planning to leave for canada in may. Is there anyone from Karachi Pakistan who is at this stage.
I have got an idea about what to take with me. But i am still confused as this is my first trip to a foreign country.I am actually going for 50 to 60 days this time for PR card and will arrive later in a year or so.
I have couple of queries and very much hope forum members will help me.
1. Is the interview at POE simple or needs preparation.
2. We are 4 Family members and need proof of settlement fund CAD 20654/-My question is i don't need such a huge amount for my trip. so how should i proceed? i mean will anything be taxed or how it would be to bring the money back home.
3. As for B4 form, definitely i am not bringing much jewellery or electronics this time what if i will bring anything at a later time a year letter?

Thanks and Regards.
looking forward for help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The settlement fund you quoted is not huge. You can't even buy a house in many parts of Canada.

However, you need to show the immigration officer at landing that you have such amount. They don't care whether you bring the fund back to Pakistan or other countries. Only income are taxed. You can carry cash (but if sum is greater than $10,000 you are required declare to customs; fail to do so you are subject seizure) or wire transfer back home if you wish.

You can hand in the B4 when you return Canada for good next time.

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
Are you guys landing only for a few days? Then you need to take only a CAD draft equivalent of the amount required. I made my first landing along with my wife 2 months back and did the same. The interview at POE will be very simple. They wont even ask to show the funds. There's no tax for new comers in the first year, though you will be required to file the returns after a year. You are free to bring jewellery at a later entry.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajeevPillai said:
There's no tax for new comers in the first year
That's not true. Just depend what time you land, move and live in Canada that calendar year.

memon81

Apr 6, 2013
@RajeevPillai: Do i need to write anything about jewellery in B4 form. How did you managed the draft there.
Can anybody guide me regarding accomodation arrangement in toronto for 45 days.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Welcome to Canada!

Kindly visit the below mentioned posts of QORAX regarding landing and all other issues.He has provided very thorough and authentic information .

All the best.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-master-thread-of-some-of-my-posts-here-t40175.0.html