+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa - Weird Questions

Latas23

Apr 30, 2017
Hello!

Last night we received an email from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and It seems legit, the real "Golden email".

But, having read some of examples, ours has some differences:

1- The UCI number is blank

2- It does not have a bar code

3- They are giving us just 15 days to send the passports, not 30 as they usual give.

4- We don't need a Visa for Canada (our passports are Mexican and Italian, so we need just an eTA), but they are not giving us the chance to send just a copy of the passports picture page. They are requesting the original passports.

5- And this is the weirdest one... they are asking the complete address in which we intend to live in Canada o_O I honestly think that this request doesn't make any sense, because we are not going to rent an apartment nor hostel nor whatever without knowing if we are actually accepted, without our PR Visa in hand, and not knowing when exactly are we going to land! (We know it is going to be in Calgary, and it should before April 2018... but that's it!)

Please note that our Visa Office is Mexico City.

Could someone help us?

Thank you! :)

manada

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Hello!

Last night we received an email from IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and It seems legit, the real "Golden email".

3- They are giving us just 15 days to send the passports, not 30 as they usual give.

4- We don't need a Visa for Canada (our passports are Mexican and Italian, so we need just an eTA), but they are not giving us the chance to send just a copy of the passports picture page. They are requesting the original passports.

5- And this is the weirdest one... they are asking the complete address in which we intend to live in Canada o_O I honestly think that this request doesn't make any sense, because we are not going to rent an apartment nor hostel nor whatever without knowing if we are actually accepted, without our PR Visa in hand, and not knowing when exactly are we going to land! (We know it is going to be in Calgary, and it should before April 2018... but that's it!)

Could someone help us?

The domain name cic.gc.ca is correct but should call the CIC call centre to verify the email id.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The domain name cic.gc.ca is correct but should call the CIC call centre to verify the email id.
Your PPR is sent to your EE profile. CIC doesn't send request letters to your email. Only notifications are sent over email.

Report this to CIC and alert them. While you're at it, also ask them about status of your application!! :)

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hello!

Could someone help us?

I came across 15 days being given, with UCI a number of people have never seen their UCI for whatever reason...

not sure about the barcode.

nsrk

Star Member
May 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
14-08-2017
Your PPR is sent to your EE profile. CIC doesn't send request letters to your email. Only notifications are sent over email.

Report this to CIC and alert them. While you're at it, also ask them about status of your application!! :)
Now a days we are getting PPR directly to email instead of EE profile. May I know when did you get your PPR?

cowbeepbeep

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017

I received my PPR via email.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
That's new for me... I heard CIC is trying few new ways of late. Perhaps due to high volume. Not sure if sending PPRs thru emails is one of them.
it's been the case since i joined this forum (over 6 months ago)

almarenco

Apr 26, 2018
Hello!

Could someone help us?

I have got the exact same problem. They are asking for the complete address in which I intend to live in Canada, which, as you say, makes 0 sense to someone whose visa's not been confirmed yet. What did you end up doing regarding this?