+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ready for visa email" for someone who doesn't need to submit passport

Anarid

Apr 17, 2019
Hi there,

Hope someone can help. So I have received the "Ready for visa" email, but since I hold EU passport I do not visa to enter Canada so do not need to send off my passport anywhere.
They requested to complete Appendix A (which is basically - current passport photo and eye colour) and submit a photocopy of the passport page. Also they requested to send off two photos to the London Embassy (that's where I am based). They have said I should be uploading appendix A and passport copy on my portal, however there is no option to upload anything. I have done multiple webforms and tech support forms but no reply. And it is time sensitive (30 days from their ready for visa email)
Anyone has come across this problem?
Also if I don't get a visa in my passport - do they still send me some kind of document confirming my PR??

Thank a lot!

ivo123

Jan 6, 2019
Hello,

I had the same problem with no upload option. I raised a web form in which I uploaded all of the requested documents. I also e-mailed the address they provide in the request letter, and I also added passport photocopies and appendix a copy into the package that they requested be sent to the high commission.

If you have an EU passport I think that your PR certificate counts as your document allowing you into Canada. Don't quote me on that though. You can give one of the UK based immigration lawyers a call and ask them the question if you are worried.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
As above, submit everything to London by post instead of uploading. It is common for there not to be any uploading options. I would also send a letter to the London email address provided in the ready for visa email to let them know that you are doing this (although it shouldn't strictly be necessary).

I went through the same process with London VO around a month ago and now have CoPR.

Reactions: Anarid

Anarid

Apr 17, 2019
Oh thanks, thats great.. i did attach them to webform.. maybe should mail to the high commission too...
so will i be getting any other paperwork from them? The actual proof that ihave PR comes in what form and shape? Is it via email?

Thank you!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
You need to include a self-addressed a4 envelope with your documents when sending to London VO. Don't put a stamp on it.

Within around 30 days you will receive your CoPR by special delivery using your return envelope. London VO add and pay for the special delivery label.

Anarid

Apr 17, 2019
You need to include a self-addressed a4 envelope with your documents when sending to London VO. Don't put a stamp on it.

Within around 30 days you will receive your CoPR by special delivery using your return envelope. London VO add and pay for the special delivery label.

there was no such instruction in my email ?!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I got PPR through a letter in my account. I don't know what the email says, but just follow that.

Anarid

Apr 17, 2019
I got PPR through a letter in my account. I don't know what the email says, but just follow that.
ok great, thats what i thought! thanks :) also heard back from LDNIMM today and they said to email them the passport copy