+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready for Visa email - but have questions

pounamu

Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
I apologize in advance if this has already been answered - I did a search and didn't see any emails about these specific issues. I just received the "ready for visa" email (I'm in the US) and I have questions:
- I will be submitting a copy of my passport - it says "one photocopy of the photo page" - I assume no need to submit the signature page then, just the photo page?
- Someone here mentioned submitting the same photos they submitted with their initial application - is there a time limit on those photos? Mine were taken in January of this year
- They ask to fill out the mailing address in Annex A and include a self addressed return envelope. Is it ok to indicate an address that is not the same as the one on your application? I'm thinking I'd rather give them my work address as there have been some mail theft cases in the building where I live. Would that be a problem?
Thank you for any help!

Ekdavido

Jun 21, 2019
Passport data page, Passport photo should not be more than 6mths old. You can use work addy but include a letter of explanation.

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,
I apologize in advance if this has already been answered - I did a search and didn't see any emails about these specific issues. I just received the "ready for visa" email (I'm in the US) and I have questions:
- I will be submitting a copy of my passport - it says "one photocopy of the photo page" - I assume no need to submit the signature page then, just the photo page?
- Someone here mentioned submitting the same photos they submitted with their initial application - is there a time limit on those photos? Mine were taken in January of this year
- They ask to fill out the mailing address in Annex A and include a self addressed return envelope. Is it ok to indicate an address that is not the same as the one on your application? I'm thinking I'd rather give them my work address as there have been some mail theft cases in the building where I live. Would that be a problem?
Thank you for any help!
Hi, could you please elaborate the ready for Visa process. Aren't we supposed to send our original passport for stamping ? . Earlier the process was stamping a temporary visa for entry and issuing 2 copied of COPR . Isn't it same now?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi everyone,
Thank you for any help!
Photos should be taken no longer than six months ago. You can provide whatever address for delivery.

dvkh

Jun 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
Thank you for any help!
Hi, can I asked what visa you're on in the US? I'm on F1 and I'm not sure if I'm exempted to travel to Canada at this time. Thanks