+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

read GCMS notes and potential security screen

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Exactly same here. Just got my GCMS notes today. My AOR was Dec 5, 2018.
I was really upset and disappointing finding this SS thing since my experience was really simple and straightforward.

Please keep me updated with new notes.
Thanks and good luck!
Hey, really sad to hear that. When was your security initiated? I heard that the current trend for comprehensive SS is about 6 months, not 12+ like it used to be. Fingers crossed, really hope that CBSA will be able to deal with cases in this timeline.

roomurler

Mar 29, 2019
Hey, really sad to hear that. When was your security initiated? I heard that the current trend for comprehensive SS is about 6 months, not 12+ like it used to be. Fingers crossed, really hope that CBSA will be able to deal with cases in this timeline.
Thanks.
It seems to be Apr 23, when eligibility and Criminality passed.
One of my colleague got it in 8 months and another friend has been waiting 9 months since AOR and still no result.

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
I was trying to mean that you can order CBSA notes through GetGCMS website.

GCMS notes will not give any information related to security screening as such information will be redacted. The only way to obtain more details with regard to the security screening process is through ordering CBSA notes.
How can I apply for CBSA through Canadian Government website please? GetGCMS website.will be expensive not handy for me

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
How can I apply for CBSA through Canadian Government website please? GetGCMS website.will be expensive not handy for me
From what I know, you have to have be a permanent resident or citizen to be able to directly apply.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Either apply through a friend or relative who is citizen / PR in Canada. It would be cheaper. Or you can look for alternatives to getGCMS online. There are a few who would have lesser rates.

Reactions: Mndo1020

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
SS is not a big deal,
This is how security works
CBSA takes all the cases and in some cases, CSIS is involved (People call this SS) but this is normal. People applying from countries that have a contract with Canada might not see CSIS.
The best way to check what is going on in security is you request CBSA notes.
Hi , so CSIS is not involved in all cases?? mine is in CBSA for 6 month now (comprehensive security screening )and is there deadline in the CBSA note ? Thanks

Last edited:

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
sounds good.
Good morning hope you are doing fine. In my GCMS notes all is passed and security is left blank. On my second page i can see that the security is hidden with the famous S.15(1) in the upper right corner. My eligibility was passed on 12/5/2020. What can I make of it?

Reactions: Y@$h

Wadhawangsw

Jun 12, 2019
Good morning hope you are doing fine. In my GCMS notes all is passed and security is left blank. On my second page i can see that the security is hidden with the famous S.15(1) in the upper right corner. My eligibility was passed on 12/5/2020. What can I make of it?
Same is mine like yours

Reactions: Y@$h

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I just received my GCMS and the activity section is like this:

activity 1-4 : medical because the local VO got my medical result wrong and this small issue was soon solved.

activity 5 : security for my spouse, field name: status, new value: blank.

activity 6-10 : only my spouse's name.

activity 11: security for my spouse, field name: status, new value: blank. The same as activity 5.

activity 12: criminality for me, passed.

activity 13: criminality for my spouse, passed.

activity 14: security for me, field name: status, new value: blank.

Is it possible that security for my spouse is over and mine is still in progress?

Any idea, guys? Thank you!

Reactions: Mzt2020

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I just received my GCMS and the activity section is like this:

activity 1-4 : medical because the local VO got my medical result wrong and this small issue was soon solved.

activity 5 : security for my spouse, field name: status, new value: blank.

activity 6-10 : only my spouse's name.

activity 11: security for my spouse, field name: status, new value: blank. The same as activity 5.

activity 12: criminality for me, passed.

activity 13: criminality for my spouse, passed.

activity 14: security for me, field name: status, new value: blank.

Is it possible that security for my spouse is over and mine is still in progress?

Any idea, guys? Thank you!
Are these activities carried out in that order? IRCC asked my wife's RCMP criminal check (with fingerprints) 3 weeks ago.
Can I assume that IRCC is now performing activity 14?
Thanks

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Are these activities carried out in that order? IRCC asked my wife's RCMP criminal check (with fingerprints) 3 weeks ago.
Can I assume that IRCC is now performing activity 14?
Thanks
No, the activity section is a record of how visa officers have processed your case and it varies greatly from person to person. Plus, the activities are listed from the newest to the oldest.

Reactions: Mzt2020

Sanjay Sridhar

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi All,

Sorry for the repeated question.
I got my GCMS notes today. Under Admissibility section UCI, Family name, Given Name and Type: Security is mentioned and then blank followed by Criminality check which is marked as passed. Response to my web form on Security check is “Currently Valid”.

Edit: Checked Activity part as suggested in previous comments,
Activity1: Medical, Passed
Activity2: Selection EE econ, passed
Activity3: Eligibility, passed
Activity4: Security [Spouse], status: Blank
Activity5: Security, status blank

Require inputs on the following,
1. Please help me understand my Security Check status.
2. What is Selection-EE Econ

Thanks,
Sanjay

Last edited:

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
I ordered GCMS in September and on page Eligibility, Criminality and Medicals are passed and security is redacted, with S15(1) written at the corner. Further in security activities 1-9 are redacted. Does that mean I am under security screening?

@bimale4bipeople