+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reactivate parental Ei

Ellin

Sep 25, 2016
Hello
I’d like to ask about reactivate parental ei
I received parental ei for 1month last sep and now my wife is receiving it..
But she going to start work and I’m going to take care a baby so I will reactivate parental Ei when my wife start work .
Here is my question,
If I reactivate parental ei do I need send to service canada new ROE(from last oct until now) ?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to go into service Ontario. Probably best to contact service Ontario. Don’t think youll find the answer on this forum since many spouses on this forum wouldn’t imagine taking leave, cook or clean. That is what MIL or mothers are for:)

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello
I’d like to ask about reactivate parental ei
I received parental ei for 1month last sep and now my wife is receiving it..
But she going to start work and I’m going to take care a baby so I will reactivate parental Ei when my wife start work .
Here is my question,
If I reactivate parental ei do I need send to service canada new ROE(from last oct until now) ?
Thanks
Go to your nearest Service Canada office , EI is a Federal responsibility, versus Service Ontario. The agent there can pull up your basic EI file , bring along, if you have it, your latest ROE, the office can forward it too the EI processing centre . The Service Canada agent CANNOT change your EI file, all changes have to go thru the call centre , and the EI call centre will make the changes there .The Service Canada office will have a phone there that you can call directly to the EI call centre . You won’t have to wait in the que for your call to be answered . Your file needs to have your wife’s benefits stopped , and yours converted to start
More than likely your employer issued your ROE as electronic, so ESDC will have it automatically, on the odd chance it was issued as paper, they need that copy
If you already started benefits for a period , your benefit level has already been set based upon your hours worked in the previous qualifying period

Last edited: