+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re: URGENT Missing T4 slip

ssuares

Aug 2, 2012
Hi all,

I just submitted by application yesterday to the office in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

I came to Canada to study in 2004 and graduated in June 2010. I got a job that qualifies under the NOC under 6211 (Retail Sale Supervisor) in August 2010 and I’ve been working there since.

As an International student I wasn’t aware of the importance of filing my taxes. Hwoever, I have rectified this by filing my taxes from 2004-2011 this April 27th, 2012.

Now, I submitted by entire application yesterday without 2 documents: Copy of my latest T4 slips and my Notice of Assesment. I enclosed a letter saying I was waiting for my Accounting manager to come back to work to get copies of T4 slip (as H&R block kept my originals while filing my taxes) and that I would sent it in as soon as I received it. My accounting manager just got back to me today and sent me copies of latest T4 slips. However I was unable to stop the Xpress post going to Sydney, Nova Scotia as it has already been picked up.

I just wanted to know a couple of things.
Firstly, If I send this copy of my T4 slips separately tomorrow (by Xpresspost), how do I guarantee that they will add it to the rest of my package? i.e. What should I say in the letter I attach to make sure it gets added to the rest of my package?

Secondly, since I don’t have the originals, is it okay to send non notarized copies of my latest T4 slips to the office?

Third, I also enclosed a letter stating that I will be sending my notice of assessment as soon as I receive it. Do you think they will deny my application because I haven’t submitted my NOA? Or is it okay to submit it as soon as I receive it from Canada Revenue Agency? It is my first time filing my taxes(for 7 years) so they said it will take longer than usual.

I would really appreciate all/any help I can get on this situation, especially regarding sending my T4 slips out tomorrow? (I’m hoping that it’s not too big a problem since it’s only a day or two apart)

Ozge

Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
You are not supposed to send the original T4 and NOA to them. Copies are fine and they do not need to be notarized as they are all in English (I confirmed that with my lawyer). Unfortunately though, you are supposed to include all these documents when you submit your application. If all is not there, they will most likely return your application saying you are missing couple of documents and you will have to resubmit. From what I heard and advised, there is no point of sending the copies now as you do not have your application number yet and it is difficult for CIC to locate your application. They always advise to send new or revised docs once you have the application number, that way it doesn't get lost. You can call them and ask.

ssuares

Aug 2, 2012
Hey,

I know Im supposed to send both my T4 copies and my NOA but I didn't have it in hand unfortunately. My NOA is being processed and I now have my copies of my latest T4 slips in hand (albeit a day late!) :(

Is it really advisable to wait that long before I mail this in? I know that the AOR can take upto 3-4 months (by then it might be too late?)

I would really appreciate if one of the senior members here could help me out. I already tried reaching the CIC call centre three times but they were busy all day

Ozge

Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Why don't you just send in the copies then if you are not sure whether you should wait or not? What is there to lose? They can either accept it and process OR they return your application and you resubmit? Either way there is no harm in mailing it out and give it a try.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Agree with Ozge. It doesn't hurt to T4 and include a letter explaining that the NOA will be sent when you receive it - use 2 envelopes, on the envelope containing the letter and T4, write your name, date of birth, and client ID number. Then place this envelope inside the mailing envelope. Once they open the mailing envelope, they will find the other one and with identifying information on it, it may help the visa officer allocate it to your file. Just a suggestion.

Not to scare you, but when you file taxes the first time, it could be months before your NOA arrives. But you will receive the most recent NOA first, then the others after. I hope you filed your T2022A(tuition credits) - they will come in handy expecially if you make a lot of money.

ssuares

Aug 2, 2012
SenoritaBella!

Thanks a ton for the help! I really appreciate it. I will be sending out my T4 copies later today along with a letter stating my Full name, DOB, SIN#, and Client ID#. I'm really hoping that someone who opens it finds my package and attaches it along! : /

Also, would you happen to know if its okay to send my NOA later? Have you spoken to/heard of any one who has sent the NOA later and still got their application approved? Or do they outright send your documents back because its missing the NOA?

Just wondering, thats all.... (this stuff has been getting me a little paranoid as you can tell) : S

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I've heard of people including NOAs from previous years while they wait for the most recent one and the applications were processed. They had to submit the most recent one at some point though.

The intructions only allow for police certicficates to be sent at a later time. Based on that only, I'd say your application may be returned. But stranger things have happened...the visa officer might be lenient. Hope it works out fine.

ssuares

Aug 2, 2012
Hey Senorita Bella

Just got my NOA slips from 2004-2011! :D
I'm submitting them today enclosing copies of my most recent T4 slips as well, just in case. Also, I'm submitting it in an envelope within another (which boldly states my name, Date of Birth and Client ID#) - Hope this is sufficient. Have you heard of anyone having trouble submitting documents at a later time (if they didn't have it for some reason)?

Also, under the new document checklist, they have asked for the Police Clearance to be sent along with the rest of the documents at the time you are submitting the entire package. I'm assuming the rules have changed since Jan this year? I was just following their protocol and sending it along with the rest of my documents.

Keeping my fingers crossed. This is nerve racking!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ssuares said:
Also, under the new document checklist, they have asked for the Police Clearance to be sent along with the rest of the documents at the time you are submitting the entire package. I'm assuming the rules have changed since Jan this year? I was just following their protocol and sending it along with the rest of my documents.
The current document checklist is dated 01/2012. There is nothing "wrong" with submitting the police clearances with the application - that is what is "strongly encouraged." However, there is leeway for submitting them later - I suggest re-reading the document checklist if this isn't clear.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.PDF

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If your application has not been returned by now, the additional documents may just get there in time in which case your application will be complete. Try to relax and wait.

ssuares said:
Hey Senorita Bella

Just got my NOA slips from 2004-2011! :D
I'm submitting them today enclosing copies of my most recent T4 slips as well, just in case. Also, I'm submitting it in an envelope within another (which boldly states my name, Date of Birth and Client ID#) - Hope this is sufficient. Have you heard of anyone having trouble submitting documents at a later time (if they didn't have it for some reason)?

Keeping my fingers crossed. This is nerve racking!

ssuares

Aug 2, 2012
Hi SenoritaBella and Jes_ON,

I really appreciate all the help. Its really difficult to relax when my life depends on this package but I'm hoping for the best. Will definitely keep you posted on anything that comes up.

ssuares

Aug 2, 2012
Hey,

Just wanted to inform that I received my AOR yesterday informing me that my application was received and is complete! I'm guessing they did take the documents I sent after and put them along with the rest of my package.

Phew! One headache down. Now, to move on to the next step. They said it will be sent to a visa processing office (I'm guessing Ottawa as I indicated on my application)

Thanks a lot for all the help so far. Will still keep you all posted on any updates!