+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re- spouse sponsorship manila visa office

graziejune

Mar 13, 2014
dear manila visa office/ canada immigration, We submitted our papers last june of 2013 and we are on our 9th month already, i hope this forum will help to speed up the process of our application , im just disappointed of how slow the processing is, its supposed to be 6-8 mos and now they added more to 14 mos, I waited for my PR to get married because i know it is faster to than getting the spouse through live in caregiver, Please i hope this is a wake up call to the manila visa office to work on the papers faster, Please it is just not fair waiting this long, compare to other asian and middle eastern countries which has longer anticipated times , but theyre working on it way more faster compare to manila office, please we need a positive result asap, I hope canadian immigration will give manila visa office a tap on their shoulders to move faster! Thank you!

PatientCanuck

Mar 3, 2014
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul ---->Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2013
File Transfer...
end of 01/2013 to seoul
Med's Request
03/2014 asked for remed and crim recheck
Med's Done....
03/2014
Interview........
06/2014-E -CAS update shows decision made, waiting on what the decision is
Not to hurt your optimism, but i applied for the outland spousal PR at the end of Jan 2013, and have yet to receive a update from cic after the sponsor side was approved after 1 month. I have contacted them and no info to be released until 14 months apparently. Dig in, could be awhile.

graziejune

Mar 13, 2014
Hi @patrick! Yes submitted to manila visa office, Have not heard anything from them,, so unfair that before its just 6-8 mos , how come they are adding more! We should file for a petetion to speed up! Thanks, really frustrating! I have a friend who submiited their papers on dubai, and we submitted it the same month and year june 2013 and now her husband is coming this march!!!

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
graziejune said:
dear manila visa office/ canada immigration, We submitted our papers last june of 2013 and we are on our 9th month already, i hope this forum will help to speed up the process of our application , im just disappointed of how slow the processing is, its supposed to be 6-8 mos and now they added more to 14 mos, I waited for my PR to get married because i know it is faster to than getting the spouse through live in caregiver, Please i hope this is a wake up call to the manila visa office to work on the papers faster, Please it is just not fair waiting this long, compare to other asian and middle eastern countries which has longer anticipated times , but theyre working on it way more faster compare to manila office, please we need a positive result asap, I hope canadian immigration will give manila visa office a tap on their shoulders to move faster! Thank you!
Posted process times for Manila is 14 months. 80% of applications are completed within this time period. Some applicants get their COPRs sooner, some applicants (bottom 20%) get their COPRs after 14 months. There is nothing you can do to speed this process up.

M

mikeymyke

The processing times are high, because many applicants from that visa office want to come to Canada. Philippines is no exception. Many people from there want to leave their country very much, and they apply in great numbers to live abroad. In the news, it was even revealed that Filipinos are the #1 source of immigrants to Canada for the past few years. You can even see on this forum, almost 1/3 of the topics here are from Filipinos. You could argue that maybe the VO's should hire more staff or expand their operations, but the other problem is that there's lots and lots of applicants, hence the long processing time.

At least your processing time isn't like my wife's VO (Singapore = 28 months). Her VO deals with 12 countries, and all of them have many people wanting to leave their countries, especially Bangladesh and Vietnam, minus Singapore for obvious reasons. The best thing you can do is submit a solid application with minimal red flags, and your processing time should be much less than 14 months.