+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: QUEBEC parents sponsorship program

vpcanada14

Feb 5, 2020
I am in Toronto now for the past 3 years and planning to move to QUEBEC. Can I sponsor my parents under the QUEBEC parents sponsorship program?

- in order to sponsor parents under the QUEBEC parents sponsorship program what are the requirements?
- I have my tax filled from Ontario. Will I still be eligible?
- Do I need to show only 1 year of minimum income requirement?

If my sister wants to sponsor my parents, can she make her husband as co-signer and show his income-her husband is in the US but he is a Canadian PR holder. Can he be a co-signer?

Please help me. Thanks so much in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am in Toronto now for the past 3 years and planning to move to QUEBEC. Can I sponsor my parents under the QUEBEC parents sponsorship program?

- in order to sponsor parents under the QUEBEC parents sponsorship program what are the requirements?
- I have my tax filled from Ontario. Will I still be eligible?
- Do I need to show only 1 year of minimum income requirement?

If my sister wants to sponsor my parents, can she make her husband as co-signer and show his income-her husband is in the US but he is a Canadian PR holder. Can he be a co-signer?

Please help me. Thanks so much in advance.
There is no "Quebec parents sponsorship program". Parent sponsorship is a federal process and it is currently on hold.

You will need to check eligibility requirements on the website.

If you live in Quebec, the income requirement is currently one year.

No, he can't be included as a co-signer when he doesn't live in Canada.

vpcanada14

Feb 5, 2020
There is no "Quebec parents sponsorship program". Parent sponsorship is a federal process and it is currently on hold.

thanks for your quick reply. much appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just making sure that you are moving to Quebec to sponsor your parents. You should be aware that the program can change at any time. There also may be significant changes this year so who qualifies to apply may change.

Reactions: Grace2019

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria

Her sister’s husband is a permanent resident of canada so I think you check with MIFI if he is eligible to apply as co signer