+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: Passport Request

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in this forum who have helped me with regard to my PR Application via PNP program. You are very helpful to me. :)

Today, I received my PPR request in my email. However, I am not sure if I need to submit my passport or just a photocopy of the photo page of my passport as stated in this:

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

I have a valid work permit (from an eTA required country), but I do not have a valid TRV for I did not obtain it when I renewed my passport. My understanding is that, I only need to submit the photo page and other pages of passport that contains amendments along with other requirement stated in the email. Is my understanding correct? :)

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in this forum who have helped me with regard to my PR Application via PNP program. You are very helpful to me. :)

Today, I received my PPR request in my email. However, I am not sure if I need to submit my passport or just a photocopy of the photo page of my passport as stated in this:

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

I have a valid work permit (from an eTA required country), but I do not have a valid TRV for I did not obtain it when I renewed my passport. My understanding is that, I only need to submit the photo page and other pages of passport that contains amendments along with other requirement stated in the email. Is my understanding correct? :)
From which country are you from? If you need valid visa to travel you need to submit your passport if no visa required then just photo copies.