+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of COPR & Visa

Wasim Surti

Oct 31, 2020
Hi Friends

I received COPR last year, that expired due to COVID related travel restrictions.

This year, I requested to add my new born son to our application, he has already been successfully added.

Re-medicals were requested and my online account shows that medical has been passed since 19 Aug 2021. However, we haven't yet received the passport request (PPR).

Traditionally PPR is received soon after medicals, however, it's been more than 2 months since last update (medical passed), no update so far.

Any one facing the same issue, or have any info in this regard?

Thanks.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi Friends

I received COPR last year, that expired due to COVID related travel restrictions.

This year, I requested to add my new born son to our application, he has already been successfully added.

Re-medicals were requested and my online account shows that medical has been passed since 19 Aug 2021. However, we haven't yet received the passport request (PPR).

Traditionally PPR is received soon after medicals, however, it's been more than 2 months since last update (medical passed), no update so far.

Any one facing the same issue, or have any info in this regard?

Thanks.
hello , pls i am i have similar issue. How long did it take to add your son ?

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
PPR soon after remed seems to be a norm before covid and most ppl now have to wait more than a month before they receive PPR.

my remed passed a week ago, let's keep updated.

Wasim Surti

Oct 31, 2020
hello , pls i am i have similar issue. How long did it take to add your son ?
Pretty simple, I raised a webform, received a request in response thereof. They asked for baby's passport, birth registration certificate, photograph, few forms (IMM 0008, IMM 5406, etc) and payment. You will have 1 month to submit these docs. Once submitted and your son is added, they will ask for remeds.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Pretty simple, I raised a webform, received a request in response thereof. They asked for baby's passport, birth registration certificate, photograph, few forms (IMM 0008, IMM 5406, etc) and payment. You will have 1 month to submit these docs. Once submitted and your son is added, they will ask for remeds.
Ok, where you asked to send the documents via web form or they opened up your online application for upload. In summary, pls how was the request sent ?

Wasim Surti

Oct 31, 2020
Ok, where you asked to send the documents via web form or they opened up your online application for upload. In summary, pls how was the request sent ?
Yes, they opened online account for uploading. Just like we did at the time of AOR.

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Thank you so much for your replies. Lastly , pls how long from when you raised the web form did they open the portal?
I raised one since august and haven’t heard from them.

Wasim Surti

Oct 31, 2020
Thank you so much for your replies. Lastly , pls how long from when you raised the web form did they open the portal?
I raised one since august and haven’t heard from them.
In just couple of days, luckily :) then i got 1 month to submit all reqd docs. and within couple of weeks i got remed request. but after that, no response