+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re- Evaluation Of Celpip General

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
sanybhai said:
My speaking score jumps from 8 to 10 after re-evaluaiton. they refunded the $57 and also send two score report. It took me 14 days to get the updated score online.
My suggestion go ahead and do the re-ev.worth it. Let us know if your score change
How did you do the revaluation? I am confused

harry96

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Phil89 said:
How did you do the revaluation? I am confused
Celpip has an option of get your scores re-evaluated if you aren't satisfied with them. You can apply for re-evaluation of one section or multiple sections within 6 weeks of getting your result. It costs 55+tax for an individual section. If there is any increase in your scores after re-evaluation then you will be refunded the money for re-evaluation and will be sent additional score reports.

Saerhan

Apr 8, 2015
It is so strange, I have been a student in Canada for 3.5 years and my speaking score is surprisingly low :eek: and writing is lower that what I was expecting:
Listening: 12
Reading : 11
Writing: 9
Speaking: 6!

My TOEFL score was higher in comparison, 5 years ago (20/30) and my speaking skills is definitely improved after living here for such a long time. I am going to fill an application for re-evaluation and will keep you posted. Speaking part is not reliable and very subjective. For folks who are wondering between IELTS and CELPIP, I would suggest IELTS.

JohnsonBthe1

Mar 19, 2015
I would say go ahead and ask for the re-evaluation. I just had mine and my speaking jumped from 7 to 9. Totally worth it.

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Bro.... in my opinion it depends how much time you want to spent. Time is money, as per paragon testing -

"Test takers who apply for a re-evaluation of their test results will be notified of the results of the re-evaluation within 3-4 weeks of submission of their application and payment of the re-evaluation fee."

My recommendation would be if you have sufficient time to apply for EE then go ahead and take your chances.
Otherwise, register for a new exam and hold your future in your hand.

Remember, by going for re-evaluation you are trusting and having faith in the new evaluator. And the results may be positive or negative, in addition to that time is running.
However, if you trust yourself and reappear for the exam then you have the key in your hand. And on top of that, you already have experience of CELPIP, thus for sure you will do better than earlier test.

Saerhan

Apr 8, 2015
Right, but I have enough time with EE and 6 for speaking is so ridiculous and (I wanted to share my experience with others) that I am sure it will be changed. If no change happens there is something wrong with their system.

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
I agree with you, there will be some chances of score reversal. Because everyone is a unique person and if your go for evaluation then it will be checked by different evaluator.
Also, remember that its not 1 but 2 evaluators check your each section.

In short, if you are 100% sure you did better than the score provided then go ahead and file for revaluation.
Historically, speaking and writing sections has most chances of score upgrade.

harry96

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
JohnsonBthe1 said:
I would say go ahead and ask for the re-evaluation. I just had mine and my speaking jumped from 7 to 9. Totally worth it.
Great for you man. Mine was 8 and today got re-evaluation result. No change. lost 31 points in express entry just because of 1 less than 9 in speaking. All my other scores are 10+. :(

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
My sincere empathy with you harry96.

As I said earlier, its a matter of luck and judgement of new evaluators. Both are well trained but they do not get to see what was your past score.
Thus, its all about trying and timing. In case, you have sufficient time to experiment then spending $55 is fine.

gustali

May 18, 2014
I just got my results and I was also really surprised by Speaking 7 and Writing 8 =(
In my mind I was good at speaking, I bought the material from Paragon that shows records from people that got each score and in my mind I was even better than some of them that got 10 for example. I just ordered re-evaluation, so surprised that didn't even think about the time, 3-4 weeks is a lot maybe better retake the test =/

gustali

May 18, 2014
I just got my results and I was also really surprised by Speaking 7 and Writing 8 =(
In my mind I was good at speaking, I bought the material from Paragon that shows audios from people that got each score and in my mind I was even better than some of them that got 10 for example. I just ordered re-evaluation, so surprised that didn't even think about the time, 3-4 weeks is a lot maybe better retake the test =/

Saerhan

Apr 8, 2015
gustali said:
In my mind I was good at speaking, I bought the material from Paragon that shows records from people that got each score and in my mind I was even better than some of them that got 10 for example. I just ordered re-evaluation, so surprised that didn't even think about the time, 3-4 weeks is a lot maybe better retake the test =/
Or think of IELTS instead, it is a more established test. I regret choosing CELPIP now, that I've taken it twice and ended up with 7 and 8 in speaking.

mohelmy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
tfeddy2012 said:
Hello,

i just checked my celpip general result now and i,m so disappointed.
Listening- 12
Reading - 10
Writing - 7

and the sad part - Speaking -6,

for my NOC i need 7 in all 4.
Though i have immediately booked for another test but thinking of re- evaluation of the speaking result.
has anyone here been in this kind of situation and re- evaluated?
can you please share your though and outcome.
Re-evaluation usually not affecting the Listening and Reading sections because the answers are digitalized.
However, speaking and writing can defiantly be re-evaluated.
Just give it a try, its $50 and all what you need is a single point in speaking.
All the best.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
mohelmy said:
Re-evaluation usually not affecting the Listening and Reading sections because the answers are digitalized.
However, speaking and writing can defiantly be re-evaluated.
Just give it a try, its $50 and all what you need is a single point in speaking.
All the best.
[/quote

Actually, i think i,ve not been so lucky with re-evaluation, though i took the test again and got a better score of 7 compared to my initial 6 in speaking,
again, submitted for re evaluation of both writting and speaking but the score remains unchanged. please don't let this discourage you from re- evaluation if need be. you might have a better chance than i do. on crs 440 and still hoping for a miracle before the end of the year. hanging in there - not giving up.... ;)