+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re entry

Zackamdd

Nov 10, 2018
Hi i have multiple entry visa and it will end in 2021 but when i came to canada the officer gave me a visitor record and they gave me just 1 month but I applied for a short term course and i applied for visa extension and I didn’t get out of canada
My short term course will start soon but i need at least 6 month visa so someone told me that i can go to niagara and get out of the country and turn back to re enter and get 6 months

** I don’t have US visa so i can just get out and turn back

What do you think ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi i have multiple entry visa and it will end in 2021 but when i came to canada the officer gave me a visitor record and they gave me just 1 month but I applied for a short term course and i applied for visa extension and I didn’t get out of canada
My short term course will start soon but i need at least 6 month visa so someone told me that i can go to niagara and get out of the country and turn back to re enter and get 6 months

** I don’t have US visa so i can just get out and turn back

What do you think ?
Why do you need 6 months? If you go to the border, you have a good chance of being refused entry.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Seems you already had the answer in the link below and based on fact that you only received a limited stay visitor record the odds of that changing to a 6 month record seem pretty low unless your circumstances have changed dramatically. Add to that a refused study permit as well for reasons you have not shared.

By all means you can of course follow through on your plan but with your immigration history the odds do not look good, maybe luck will be on your side no way here to predict.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-record.594427/

Last edited: