+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re entry

Lenej

Jun 6, 2012
Hi I submit my application for re entry visa in buffalo first week of may 2012 . It any body know how long it's takes my flight is next month it s been 4 weeks my application is there. And the Canadian embassy buffalo is closed I try to email them and call but no reply yet. In my application I have no return envelope that is my concern. I so worry about that know. My cousin told me she did nt put envelope on here application and one week before her flight here passport and visa stamped she received. I just worry about that I m thinking my passport is lost know. I hope I will receive my visa so soon. Or before my flight. I want see my family. Thanks and God bless to all.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
This would appear to be a most unfortunate time to not include a way for the document to be returned considering the closure of the Consulate in Buffalo.

As you might imagine much is likely being done to reorganize the processes from Buffalo to Canada.

The CIC website does note that those applications already submitted to Buffalo will be completed through that office so your document should be coming back to you from that office.

You may be able to remedy the situation of the missing return envelope by contacting the Consulate and mailing your return envelope to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 6R6

If you decide to do this make sure you are very clear about what you sent before and your identity, file information so there is a chance for the package you send to be combined with what is there.

If you don't choose to send an envelope the Buffalo website indicates the following:

If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

In this case of regular mail from the US count on delays for sure since the mail is subject to customs inspection crossing the border.

Lenej

Jun 6, 2012
Thanks you so much. I checked the tracking number of the documents that they receive it may 10 2012.i hope I will receive it soon. I can still follow up in buffalo it's any body know what number I can't call. Thanks you much again I really appreciated . I feel depress I can't sleep thinking about this .