+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Entry with Work Permit?

aahmed98

Apr 21, 2012
Hi,

I have been granted a multiple entry work permit to Canada or 5 months and I am currently in Canada. I had a question though: my passport says that I have been given a multiple entry work permit / visa but the work permit letter that I have been assigned says "This does not authorize Re-Entry". I was planning to travel abroad (outside Canada) for 3 days during the duration of my assigned work permit and thus wanted to know if this work permit will allow me re-entry to Canada? Or will I not be allowed into Canada when I return? Any help would be much appreciated!

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Work Permit is not Visa. If you are from a visa exempt country, then you don't need visa. If you are from a country requiring visa to come to Canada, you need a valid multiple entry visa plus your valid work permit and employer's explaination letter to travel back to Canada as a worker.

aahmed98

Apr 21, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

My visa is multiple entry. The Work permit letter says "This does not authorize re-entry". So you are saying as long as I have a letter from my employer and a valid multiple entry visitor visa + the work permit will be valid (i.e. i will re-enter during the assigned duration of the work permit), i should be allowed re-entry without problems. Have i understood correctly?

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Yes, on the condition that you still meet all other admissibility requirements set by CIC and CBSA when you seek your entry.