+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re entry visa

carenski

Aug 22, 2013
good day everyone! anyone can help me. my husband is going home in the philippines for vacation, my question is if the visa of my husband is multiple visa and still valid until june 2014, did he need to fill up the re entry visa application like temporary resident visa? if he need to fill up the re entry visa can he apply single entry.? please help me. i'm confused... :(

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carenski said:
good day everyone! anyone can help me. my husband is going home in the philippines for vacation, my question is if the visa of my husband is multiple visa and still valid until june 2014, did he need to fill up the re entry visa application like temporary resident visa? if he need to fill up the re entry visa can he apply single entry.? please help me. i'm confused... :(
Check the counterfoil attached to the passport. If:
- the expiry is June 2014
- and marked MULTIPLE ENTRY

He can use that to return back to Manila before June 2014. No need to apply for another visa.

carenski

Aug 22, 2013
thanks a lot for the helping me ragluf..but my husband still insist to fill up the re entry visa even if his visa is still valid and multiple.. there a chance to be complicated if we still fill up the re entry visa. his landlady told him that he apply the re entry visa even his visa is still valid. please help me... thanks a lot.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carenski said:
thanks a lot for the helping me ragluf..but my husband still insist to fill up the re entry visa even if his visa is still valid and multiple.. there a chance to be complicated if we still fill up the re entry visa. his landlady told him that he apply the re entry visa even his visa is still valid. please help me... thanks a lot.
Are we talking about a visa here or a work permit? If he has a work permit, when is the expiry date? A work permit is different from a visa.

see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=527&t=16

Multiple-entry temporary resident visa

Yes, you can come back to Canada, if you have a multiple-entry temporary resident visa and it has not expired.

Choice is yours to fill up an application for re-entry visa - IMHO it is a waste of time and money as the current entry visa is still valid. As him to call up the CallCentre Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100 and get their recommendation if he is unsure.

carenski

Aug 22, 2013
the call center number you given to me is from what country? philippines? is the processing fee in canadian embassy manila is refundable or not? the work permit of my husband is still valid till next year august 4, 2014. is that multiple entry visa is same with temporary resident visa? thanks again. god bless...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carenski said:
the call center number you given to me is from what country? philippines? is the processing fee in canadian embassy manila is refundable or not? the work permit of my husband is still valid till next year august 4, 2014. is that multiple entry visa is same with temporary resident visa? thanks again. god bless...
The call centre number is for CIC in Canada, and is toll-free for those calling within Canada. The assumption is your husband is in Canada, thus he is able to or in a position to contact CIC with that number and get information from CIC themselves, if he is unsure. Is he not in Canada?

Application processing fees are not refundable once processing has begun on the application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4

PH citizens (not PR yet) require an entry visa to travel/enter Canada. The TRV is essentially the same as entry visa - it is issued with respect to a temporary nature of travel into Canada (i.e. work, study, visit).

I suggest you make a search in the main cic.gc.ca webpafe. Lots of information that will clarify the terms and processes for both of you. www.cic.gc.ca