harshab85

Oct 8, 2012
This is my status in Canada:

Completed Masters - Applied for PGWP - Waiting

Student Visa - Expires April 2016
Study Permit - Expires April 2016
Off Campus Work Permit - Expires April 2016
Visitor Visa - Valid Until Jan 2019

Is a valid visitor visa and PGWP enough to leave Canada and re-enter? If no, what do I need to have for re-entry? I'll need to leave for my father's surgery as soon as I get my PGWP, so this is urgent. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshab85 said:
This is my status in Canada:

Completed Masters - Applied for PGWP - Waiting

Student Visa - Expires April 2016
Study Permit - Expires April 2016
Off Campus Work Permit - Expires April 2016
Visitor Visa - Valid Until Jan 2019

Is a valid visitor visa and PGWP enough to leave Canada and re-enter? If no, what do I need to have for re-entry? I'll need to leave for my father's surgery as soon as I get my PGWP, so this is urgent. Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you valid visitor visa has MULTIPLE ENTRY then yes you can leave and renter Canada along with you PGWP. However I have seen another post for you where you said you’re on implied status.
If I were you; I would wait till the PGWP is approved then you can leave and re-enter Canada using both (Visitor visa + PGWP)

harshab85

Oct 8, 2012
I got my PGWP couple of days ago. It took about 8 weeks to process.

I have a follow-up questions regd re-entry. The website says a person can re-enter with a "temporary resident visa" and pgwp. Is there a separate visa type called "temporary resident visa" ? Or is the visitor visa the same as a TRV?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harshab85 said:
I got my PGWP couple of days ago. It took about 8 weeks to process.

I have a follow-up questions regd re-entry. The website says a person can re-enter with a "temporary resident visa" and pgwp. Is there a separate visa type called "temporary resident visa" ? Or is the visitor visa the same as a TRV?
They are the same, If you have a valid TRV with multiple entry you can leave and re-enter Canada. If you ever unsure of anything phone CIC and ask for info, sometimes calling early morning between 8-9 get you through fairly quick.

nxg

Jun 28, 2014
Hi,

Did you face any issues with the immigration officials when you re-entered Canada using your TRV with visitor status and PGWP?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!!!