+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entry denied

Hope_b

Jun 5, 2019
Hi. So my boyfriend went out of the country because his mother was very sick but now he is denied to re-enter Canada, reason being he does not have his PR card. I did not know of this until he told me he was denied entry. He's application is still in process and he only has the stage 1 approval which is what he hoped to use for his re-entry. It's really devastating because he spent five years building a life that's now about to go to waste and I or his son may never see him again. If anybody got any advice or know what we can do please help!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. So my boyfriend went out of the country because his mother was very sick but now he is denied to re-enter Canada, reason being he does not have his PR card. I did not know of this until he told me he was denied entry. He's application is still in process and he only has the stage 1 approval which is what he hoped to use for his re-entry. It's really devastating because he spent five years building a life that's now about to go to waste and I or his son may never see him again. If anybody got any advice or know what we can do please help!
You haven't really provided any information. What kind of PR app? Is this a spousal sponsorship app and if so, is it inland or outland? Where is he from? Was he refused entry at the border by CBSA or refused boarding on a plane? If CBSA, what specifically did they say? What was his status in Canada before leaving?Does he have a valid eTA or TRV?

Reactions: k.h.p. and scylla

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
His permanent residence application.
This doesn't quite make sense. How can he be denied re-entry for not having a PR card if he isn't yet a PR?

I imagine he's from a visa-required country, he doesn't have a multi-entry visa, and he was denied boarding at the airport in his mother's country because he did not have a valid visa.

A stage 1 approval - or any kind of "we're processing your PR" paperwork, is not a travel document.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I really hope this was an "outland" application, or it's on it's way to being refused.