+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Entry back into Canada from Europe on IEC visa (Australian citizen)

Stroggie86

Mar 19, 2014
Hi all,

I'm sure other Aussies out there have left Canada to travel further a field than the US (i know re-entry from US is not a problem) - and had this question/problem.

At the bottom of my IEC 2 year visa, it says in big bold letters "THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY".

I am planning to leave Canada for 2 months to travel in Europe, and then return to complete the period of my current work visa. BUT I'm worried I will be stopped upon attempting re-entry because of the above.

Any light any Aussies can shed on this would be grand.

Thanks all!

Cheerio

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Stroggie86 said:
Hi all,

I'm sure other Aussies out there have left Canada to travel further a field than the US (i know re-entry from US is not a problem) - and had this question/problem.

At the bottom of my IEC 2 year visa, it says in big bold letters "THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY".

I am planning to leave Canada for 2 months to travel in Europe, and then return to complete the period of my current work visa. BUT I'm worried I will be stopped upon attempting re-entry because of the above.

Any light any Aussies can shed on this would be grand.

Thanks all!

Cheerio
It is a generic statement, as you are from a visa exempt country, you just have to meet the normal entry requirements. If you were from a non visa exempt country, you would need a TRV (visitor visa) as well as the work permit to re-enter Canada.