Re-Entering Canada

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I got my visa for Jan 2019.Went to Canada but came back due to some health issue.My visa is valid till September 2019.Do I need to apply for a new visa if I want to start my studies in a different college this September and then get it extended while in Canada or I have to apply for a new visa from here itself? I contacted Delhi embassy but all they said is that they need me to send them the new Acceptance letter.I sent them the same but they didn't reply.
Any suggestions from someone who has been in this kinda situation.Thanks!

ababruja

Apr 15, 2019
I got my visa for Jan 2019.Went to Canada but came back due to some health issue.My visa is valid till September 2019.Do I need to apply for a new visa if I want to start my studies in a different college this September and then get it extended while in Canada or I have to apply for a new visa from here itself? I contacted Delhi embassy but all they said is that they need me to send them the new Acceptance letter.I sent them the same but they didn't reply.
Any suggestions from someone who has been in this kinda situation.Thanks!
Enrol or register for summer classes, then I believe you can return on same visa. You may need to apply for an extension if you haven't finished your program by Sept

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Enrol or register for summer classes, then I believe you can return on same visa. You may need to apply for an extension if you haven't finished your program by Sept
Thanks for the reply, brother. I have already enrolled for Fall term(September) and will most probably land in first week of September.Hope the immigration guys don't raise an issue out of it.

ababruja

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for the reply, brother. I have already enrolled for Fall term(September) and will most probably land in first week of September.Hope the immigration guys don't raise an issue out of it.
I highly recommend that you enroll in the second session of summer (July - August) to be on the safe side

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I highly recommend that you enroll in the second session of summer (July - August) to be on the safe side
Unfortunately,I didn't get admission in the July term.So even if my visa is valid till Sept.2020, it'll be a problem for me to land in this September

Reactions: ababruja

Sonali221

Mar 21, 2018
Unfortunately,I didn't get admission in the July term.So even if my visa is valid till Sept.2020, it'll be a problem for me to land in this September
I suggest you to land in first week of august. My friend went and they allow her to enter. So there will be no issue. But as soon as you enter apply online for extension.

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I suggest you to land in first week of august. My friend went and they allow her to enter. So there will be no issue. But as soon as you enter apply online for extension.
Thanks a lot for replying Sonali.The thing is that my classes will start on 23 September.So,entering too early might not be good.But one thing that I want to know is if your friend's case was the same as me and what was his/her experience with the Immigration guys and what did they ask?

Sonali221

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks a lot for replying Sonali.The thing is that my classes will start on 23 September.So,entering too early might not be good.But one thing that I want to know is if your friend's case was the same as me and what was his/her experience with the Immigration guys and what did they ask?
They didnt ask anything from her as she had her validity of her for next four five months
So you can move too dont worry
But you should try to move before 3 weeks of classes and apply as soon as possible for extension

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
They didnt ask anything from her as she had her validity of her for next four five months
So you can move too dont worry
But you should try to move before 3 weeks of classes and apply as soon as possible for extension
Thanks a lot sonali.. my validity would be around 12 months from September itself.Thanks a lot again.If I could be of any help to you,please let me know. Email: ankush0177@gmail.com