+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entering Canada with COPR

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

Since I didn't receive my PR card yet, I will use my COPR to get in to Canada this weekend. I will rent a car in Buffalo and drive to Toronto.

Anything I need to carry other than the COPR? Since I already landed before, I don't think I need anything else? What about declaration? Although I will have a small luggage, I will pretty much come back to the US after 3-4 days and I am not leaving anything in side the luggage in Canada.

I would appreciate the experiences.

Thank you,

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need nothing except your COPR and passport.
Luggage is not an issue...You can take it with you.....

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Thanks man.

Does anyone have experience with the border crossing by car? Do you park somewhere and walk into the office or do you just drive through a booth?

Also which crossing would you suggest coming from Buffalo. As far as I can see, there are 3 options.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilean said:
Thanks man.

Does anyone have experience with the border crossing by car? Do you park somewhere and walk into the office or do you just drive through a booth?

Entering US -- you ofcourse need US visa if you are not American...you just drive through the booth.
Entering Canada - You just drive through booth if you have COPR so you are good....

Also which crossing would you suggest coming from Buffalo. As far as I can see, there are 3 options.

I always find Lewiston-Queenston Bridge least busy...so that's my choice when I cross the border.....a little late at night is your best bet....

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Yeah I have the US visa, I live here.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I was thinking about Lewiston too. Let`s see how long I will be waiting on 2pm on a Saturday.

Again, really appreciate the help!

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
gilean said:
Thanks man.

Canadian Border services are the most pleasant in the whole world. Won't even take more than 5 mins on the booth. I have entered by road like 10-15 times with my study permit(earlier) now work permit.
Takes me 1-3 mins generally.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilean said:
Yeah I have the US visa, I live here.

If you are on US visa and your I94 is older than 6 months then you have to park and get into the US office to get the updated I94. This could easily take more than hour (all depends on number of people)

Let`s see how long I will be waiting on 2pm on a Saturday.

Not a good choice of time....but again it all depends....:)

Again, really appreciate the help!

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
There is no physical I94 anymore anyway? Do I have to print it out and take it with me? I mean I just came back from Canada couple of weeks ago so I-94 should be updated at the time, correct?

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
gilean said:
There is no physical I94 anymore anyway? Do I have to print it out and take it with me? I mean I just came back from Canada couple of weeks ago so I-94 should be updated at the time, correct?
I 94 is for usa.. they dont have that for canada.
When you enter USA they put that on your passport. which you have to return while your way back on Canadian border.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gilean said:
There is no physical I94 anymore anyway?

Yup, no physical I94 but it is in their system...I94 is nothing but a reacord of your entry and exit....

Do I have to print it out and take it with me? I mean I just came back from Canada couple of weeks ago so I-94 should be updated at the time, correct?
No you dont have to print anything.....You recently entered US so you are good....dont worry about it....