+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entering canada after leaving in middle of PR process

shobhitk

Dec 5, 2018
Hi all,

I am a PR.
My wife and I have been living together in Canada for past 10 months. We got married here after she came to Canada on a temporary work permit and we applied for her Spousal PR soon after. We also applied for her Open Work Permit. She even got her work permit extension based on her previous job. Now she has to leave Canada for some time and needs to re-enter. But by the time she does, her temp. residency visa will expire. So we are planning to apply for a visitor visa or any sort of single entry visa in her home country so she can return whenever she is done. We don't want her PR application or spouse Open Work Permit application to get affected.

What are our options here?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I am a PR.
My wife and I have been living together in Canada for past 10 months. We got married here after she came to Canada on a temporary work permit and we applied for her Spousal PR soon after. We also applied for her Open Work Permit. She even got her work permit extension based on her previous job. Now she has to leave Canada for some time and needs to re-enter. But by the time she does, her temp. residency visa will expire. So we are planning to apply for a visitor visa or any sort of single entry visa in her home country so she can return whenever she is done. We don't want her PR application or spouse Open Work Permit application to get affected.

What are our options here?

Thank you
Since she applied inland, the expectation is that she be living in Canada while her application is being processed. She should make sure she keeps her visit outside of Canada short (2-3 weeks at most) to avoid putting her application in jeopardy.

She will need a new / valid TRV to re-enter Canada. There is no guarantee that TRV will be approved - so that's one of the risks she runs by leaving. If she is unable to re-enter Canada, the inland sponsorship application will be canceled.

Reactions: k.h.p.

shobhitk

Dec 5, 2018
Thank you Scylla. We have taken a major risk but I do not see any other way to get around this.

Appreciate the response. Will keep everyone posted about any developments which happen.

Reactions: scylla