+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-enter in Canada nowadays

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
I'm going out of Canada in the mid of April. I'm on post-graduate work-permit and my employer will give me job offer. Would I be allowed to re-enter Canada in current situation in the last of April? I work as a cook, an essential worker.
Is there any risk ?
Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm going out of Canada in the mid of April. I'm on post-graduate work-permit and my employer will give me job offer. Would I be allowed to re-enter Canada in current situation in the last of April? I work as a cook, an essential worker.
Is there any risk ?
Thanks
Are you entering by flight/air or by land?

Either way, you will need negative test. By air you need 3 days government approved hotel quaratine. (a cook is not on the hotel quaratine exempt list)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I'm entering by flight
Someone else can answer on you entering with your work permit.
But you will need to book your 3 days hotel quaratine stay and prepared for a -ve test result before your flight.
I highly doubt that will change in April.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html#a2

Most can get the room for less than the government announced $2000 for the 3 days.

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
Thanks for sharing the links. Yes, sure I will stay in hotel for 3 days and quarantine for 14 days. I've doubt with my status of a foreign worker with work permit. Because I am not a permanent resident. I was wondering if there are restrictions for this category or particular jobs.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for sharing the links. Yes, sure I will stay in hotel for 3 days and quarantine for 14 days. I've doubt with my status of a foreign worker with work permit. Because I am not a permanent resident. I was wondering if there are restrictions for this category or particular jobs.
As long as you have a valid job offer, you should be good. Make sure the offer letter states you have the job after quarantine.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123