Sunilkadam

Aug 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hi, All,
I am P.R.Card Holder which I got in 2012. My P.R. is expiring on 30 th Nove-2017. I lived in Canada only 180 days.I am now in INDIA.I have not completed my stay of 730 days in Canada. So can I enter in Canada & apply for getting a P.R. Card. I have not file Income Tax Return in these five years period. Can I get P. R. card extention.
Please give me advice about this situation .

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You cannot travel to Canada on an expired PR card, unless you drive to the border. Since you're in India, I assume going to the US and driving to Canada is not an option.

You will have to apply for a PRTD. However, since you haven't maintained your Residency Obligations, your application for a PRTD will likely trigger the process to revoke your PR status. If that happens, your only options will be to either voluntarily renounce your PR status, or try and appeal the revocation.

If you appeal and lose, or if you give up status voluntarily, you become a foreign national.

Given your fact, it's safe to say that you have lost your PR status. If you want it back, you will have do the whole process again from scratch.