+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: death of a family member

massish1

May 30, 2015
My father applied for permanent resident’s visa through investors program 7 years ago, for our family which includes two parents, one son and one daughter and he paid CAD $120,000. On January 2015, we received our medical examination request which we submitted accordingly and passed. On May 18th 2015 our visas came through and we were supposed to submit our passport to get the visa.
Unfortunately, two days later my father passed away. Since he was the applicant of the case, we are not sure what will happen to our visas. Shall we still submit our passport to get the visa and follow the normal procedure or should we change the PA of our case to our mother and then continue?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
massish1 said:
My father applied for permanent resident's visa through investors program 7 years ago, for our family which includes two parents, one son and one daughter and he paid CAD $120,000. On January 2015, we received our medical examination request which we submitted accordingly and passed. On May 18th 2015 our visas came through and we were supposed to submit our passport to get the visa.
Unfortunately, two days later my father passed away. Since he was the applicant of the case, we are not sure what will happen to our visas. Shall we still submit our passport to get the visa and follow the normal procedure or should we change the PA of our case to our mother and then continue?
You will need to inform the visa office and probably ask that the PA be changed. You cannot just continue as the PA must be present for the first landing.

massish1

May 30, 2015
thanks for the respond Zardoz,

How long would that process take?
since it's an investor case, is there any eligibility requirements for the second PA or the spouse can take over the case?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
massish1 said:
thanks for the respond Zardoz,

How long would that process take?
since it's an investor case, is there any eligibility requirements for the second PA or the spouse can take over the case?
This is not a common scenario, so it's impossible to say. Assuming that eligibility is not compromised, the next leading dependant would be the new PA.