Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2010
Hey guys, I'm looking to apply under CEC graduate stream but I can't figure something out... Maybe some of you know this. So for those who have graduate degrees (Masters, PhD), what is considered the day of graduation? Is it the day when you officially met all the degree requirements (such as thesis defense, thesis revisions, etc.) or convocation? This really bothers me, since I defended my MSc in May 2009 and started my PhD in June 2009, but I didn't convocate until October 2009. That being said convocation is just a stupid ceremony, which I never even attended, but my transcript says that I've been awarded a degree on October 17, 2009. Which totally sucks cuz that means it hasnt been a full year yet. My school of grad studies can write me a letter explaining this stuff, but would immigration officer even look at it, or will he just look at my transcripts and refuse my application right there and then? Since application fee is non-refundable I'd be nice to know if I even should try and apply now. Thanks in advance!

PJones

Jun 17, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2010
Never mind, it's the day you met all degree requirements, convocation doesn't matter.