+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RE: Are you now or ever been under removal order...

JoeOs

Oct 7, 2017
Question related to "PROHIBITIONS UNDER CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP ACT"

Question E asks... Are you now, or have you ever been, under removal order, (or have you ever been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada)

Before becoming a permanent resident I had a failed refugee claim, and as I understand it, a failed refugee hearing becomes a conditional removal order. So my failed REFUGEE hearing administratively became a deportation order. I was never asked to leave and I was never given a departure date. Notwithstanding, I became a permanent afterwards.

So I am wondering if Question E (Are you now, or have you ever been, under removal order, (or have you ever been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada) apply to me, and how I should answer it. Will a "Yes" response delay my application?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: adey786

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015

Question E asks... Are you now, or have you ever been, under removal order, (or have you ever been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada)

Before becoming a permanent resident I had a failed refugee claim, and as I understand it, a failed refugee hearing becomes a conditional removal order. So my failed REFUGEE hearing administratively became a deportation order. I was never asked to leave and I was never given a departure date. Notwithstanding, I became a permanent afterwards.

So I am wondering if Question E (Are you now, or have you ever been, under removal order, (or have you ever been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada) apply to me, and how I should answer it. Will a "Yes" response delay my application?

Don't even mention it after all the truth is that they never issued you a removal order. Don't put your application in a ditch. Answer no.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

Capital NO

Farhana47

Apr 7, 2021
Hi though it’s long time later... But want to know have you received your citizenship? Was there any problem with the answer ‘no’?

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013

You should mention it. I know some one who was in same shoes as you and his lawyer did mention it on his application. Disclose it because there is nothing wrong with it. Your application will process normal.

Hitessunil

Jul 16, 2021
2 years back I came back to my country after my refugee claim.was denied and and came back to my country under departure order or volunteer come back in 30 day's. But right now I am eligible for ee profile and question that. They ask I form that. Have you ever been removed from Canada ? Please suggest what will be my answer