+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-applying for Student Visa after receiving my GCMS notes, need help

Jun 22, 2019
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing great.

I got admitted in Humber College for Marketing Management program for Sep 2019 intake but my visa was refused and the reason that I was provided was -

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I graduated back in 2015 and since then I first worked in an MNC and then, later on, started working as a freelance marketing consultant. I attached my work certificates, income statements, income tax returns, IELTS certificate (7.5 overall), academic mark sheets (No backlogs ever).

GCMS notes have got the following reason for refusal -

https://imgur.com/a/aYXojNh

Marketing Management made perfect sense after BBA as BBA was a mixed bag of different business-related subjects like HR/Marketing/Accountancy/Supply Chain etc, but Marketing Management would have pushed me further into a more focussed career path of marketing. Anyway, I changed my course and now am admitted in Global Business Management and its a 2-year course.

How should I approach my application? Could really use some help from the experts.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019

I got admitted in Humber College for Marketing Management program for Sep 2019 intake but my visa was refused and the reason that I was provided was -

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I graduated back in 2015 and since then I first worked in an MNC and then, later on, started working as a freelance marketing consultant. I attached my work certificates, income statements, income tax returns, IELTS certificate (7.5 overall), academic mark sheets (No backlogs ever).

https://imgur.com/a/aYXojNh

Marketing Management made perfect sense after BBA as BBA was a mixed bag of different business-related subjects like HR/Marketing/Accountancy/Supply Chain etc, but Marketing Management would have pushed me further into a more focussed career path of marketing. Anyway, I changed my course and now am admitted in Global Business Management and its a 2-year course.

How should I approach my application? Could really use some help from the experts.
The fact that you changed courses will help you since you have previous emplyment history related to your field you will have to explain in your SOP
-Why do you want to take this course
-Why you want to take this course in canada instead of your home country
-How will it enhance your abilities
-why did you decide to pursue higher education in canada when you were already employed
They need a reason to know why you are spending so much money they have doubts that you might not return because you have to spend so much money

Jun 22, 2019
T
The fact that you changed courses will help you since you have previous emplyment history related to your field you will have to explain in your SOP
-Why do you want to take this course
-Why you want to take this course in canada instead of your home country
-How will it enhance your abilities
-why did you decide to pursue higher education in canada when you were already employed
They need a reason to know why you are spending so much money they have doubts that you might not return because you have to spend so much money
These questions make total sense. I have a fair outline on what I need to write for these questions, but I definitely need to refine my answers. Thank you so much for your response.

Reactions: GMP97

Angelalala93

May 25, 2020

Is the previous work experience in an MNC and work as a freelance marketing consultant foreign work experience? Or they are in Canada work experience?