+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-apply after Visitor Visa refusal

mailajay85

Jan 12, 2020
Hi all,

I applied for a Canadian visitor visa to visit my girl friend's parents for 3 days. My visitor visa was denied on December 7th 2019 stating the following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I reapplied on December 17th providing more details about my work, work visa, flight details and complete trip itinerary. The current status on cic is still under process. It has been 3 weeks. Any thoughts/advice?

Questions --
1. Any ideas on contact info to inquire more details on the delay?
2.In parallel, can I start a new visitor visa application?
3. Or, would it work against my current application in process?

Please advise

Thanks,

Reactions: Melkoy72

Melkoy72

Jan 2, 2020
What country u applied? Online or paper?
Hi all,

I applied for a Canadian visitor visa to visit my girl friend's parents for 3 days. My visitor visa was denied on December 7th 2019 stating the following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I reapplied on December 17th providing more details about my work, work visa, flight details and complete trip itinerary. The current status on cic is still under process. It has been 3 weeks. Any thoughts/advice?

Questions --

Please advise

Thanks,
What country u appiy? Paper or online app?
Almost the same aplication. Share ur timeine pls

Last edited:

mailajay85

Jan 12, 2020
I applied from US (NYC) -- applied online.
  1. December 5th -- Biometrics complete at VAC
  2. December 9th -- got the decision about my reject.

New application submission timelines
  1. Submitted on December 17th -- applied online again.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html to check the estimated number of processing days.
Normally due to the number of applications IRCC receives. You can contact them via the webform https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
No, better wait for your result first.
If you get rejected, try to address the issues first before you apply. Also don't apply right away. It doesn't give a good impression. Why are you so eager to go to Canada? I mean from the rejection letter the Visa Officer seems not to see your purpose valid and important.

Reactions: mailajay85

mailajay85

Jan 12, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html to check the estimated number of processing days.

Normally due to the number of applications IRCC receives. You can contact them via the webform https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
No, better wait for your result first.
If you get rejected, try to address the issues first before you apply. Also don't apply right away. It doesn't give a good impression. Why are you so eager to go to Canada? I mean from the rejection letter the Visa Officer seems not to see your purpose valid and important.
Thanks @kat3onach . Appreciate the prompt response and details. I checked the processing times -- it says 13 days, that's the reason why I've been anxious about the delay.

"Why are you so eager to go to Canada? "
To see my girlfriend's parents , hoping to impress them. She's Canadian and her parents live there.

mailajay85

Jan 12, 2020
Hi all,

I got a message from CIC today that they have made a decision and need my passport for finalizing. I believe this means that the Visa has been approved. (I'd still wait until I see it in my passport -- that's just me)

Question --
1. Currently, I'm in Bangalore, India for family reasons. Can I walk into to the Canadian Consulate with the printout of confirmation email & submit my passport? -- I'm an Indian Citizen.
2. Thoughts on how long it takes to get the Passport stamped.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Ajay

vtdat08

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi all,
I got a message from CIC today that they have made a decision and need my passport for finalizing. I believe this means that the Visa has been approved. (I'd still wait until I see it in my passport -- that's just me)
Question --
1. Currently, I'm in Bangalore, India for family reasons. Can I walk into to the Canadian Consulate with the printout of confirmation email & submit my passport? -- I'm an Indian Citizen.
2. Thoughts on how long it takes to get the Passport stamped.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Ajay
Congratulations. It is great to hear that.
1. Where were you give the biometric collection? I think the CVAC office is responsible for collecting your passport and stamping the visa.
2. It takes 1 day to collect your visa and sends it to the nearest Canada consular. 1 day for stamping it and 1 day to return it to the CVAC office. (This process is in my place South East Asia)

mailajay85

Jan 12, 2020
Thanks!! Where in South East Asia are you talking about?
  1. I gave my biometric in New York, USA.
  2. Now, I'm in Bangalore, India --- does it make a difference going to CVAC vs VFS global in Bangalore? VFS is just walk in..
  3. Thoughts or advise on which of these 2 is faster? As I need my Passport for travel by 01/27.