VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
SDS applied: 02 Aug. 2021
BIL: 03 Aug. 2021
Biometrics given and updated:19th August
Eligibility review started: 18th Oct. 2021
VO: Kenya Nairobi
Reason for Refusal: Purpose of Visit/Personal Assest and Financial status
Age, past Education, current job, are you funding your education (liquid funds),

Reactions: wonderbly

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
i need guideline on below:
1. how to write my SOP
2. advise if fees should be paid to enable me add the receipt to the fresh application

I can share with you a guide in writing your SOP. Here's the video.

It is best to pay at least 1 term tuition fee or if you have funds for 1 year tuition fee is much better. As per my experience, I applied via SDS stream (with husband and daughter/ family application), paid 1 year Tuition fee, opened GIC worth CAD10,000, took IELTS and did upfront medical. Got approved in first application.

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
I can share with you a guide in writing your SOP. Here's the video.

It is best to pay at least 1 term tuition fee or if you have funds for 1 year tuition fee is much better. As per my experience, I applied via SDS stream (with husband and daughter/ family application), paid 1 year Tuition fee, opened GIC worth CAD10,000, took IELTS and did upfront medical. Got approved in first application.
I have opened GIC account. my banks are stressing me in transferring the fund, and i have till 16th of Nov to pay in the 10,000CAD. I shall pay the 1 year tuition fee on the 14th, it is about 8,000CAD i have transfered 2,000CAD via flywire, i shall complete it on Monday, i have my IELTS though it is overall 6.0 (breakdown) SPeaking 7.5, Reading 6.0, Listening 6.0; writting 5.0 (i think i shld have done better if i had practised for months or weeks before the exams. i knw of the IETLS on the 18th of Mar. i registered and wrote the exams on the 28th of same march.

when all the above is gotten next week. i shall reapply. however, could you please, send the Video to my email address so i can be able to view it. i am chatting from office desk and the system is restricted to Youtube videos (my email is Preciousoge@icloud.com)

Dolphin-wit

Mar 31, 2021
Hello, my application to study in Canada was refused on the 18th of October 2021, I have requested for GCMS, it is yet to be out. a lawyer said, the applicatio was rejected based on my age, that am 35 and should not go for bachelor degree. could this be correct. Also, i want to reapply because my course is starting January winter 2022. Should i wait for the GCMs before reapplying? or i should reapply to be able to get a decision before the end of the year. Also, i have not paid for the school fees. my friend advised that i pay for the school fees and include it to my application. please i need advise on above
It may be wrong to assume that the visa was refused due to age factor, it would be shame and hope that IRCC is careful as it may be gross violation of equal opportunity and termed as age discrimination. I have a similar case, I thought on a similar line the first time my visa was refused, its common feeling and we tend to jump to conclusion and judge, but it is misconceived. There are other criteria, are you genuinely seeking a pursue a bachelor's degree? I am, and I have tried my best to put that in words in SOP, although it is always not enough, you may want to pay your tuition for 1 year, open a GIC account, have good score in IELTS, express your genuine desire to pursue the course you have selected and why? Show necessary funding available to to you. What I have learnt is not to be disappointed by rejections, sad reality is that there is always a good pool of new clan and enough applicant who gets better preferences than someone like us, first generation, late to college, and not young enough to be trusted or convincing (ironically), most likely our applications are processed for left over quota, feel luck? However, if you are personally motivated you could pursue your academic interests without Canada as well, I am committed and so I know to explore other options. The reasons I applied to Canada is because it resonates well with me, education is rated high quality, I gel well with Canadians specially while conducting business, have been doing that for years, I would slip right through in it, multi culturalism, social care.

I had reapplied a couple of months ago through SDS, nothing has moved yet, but they are burdened with case loads, so I am patient. I am hopeful but I dont feel lucky at all. You should definitely ask for GCMS notes, review the detail notes, consider clarifying those concerns in a written response and reapply. You never know, at least you tried! If not explore other options, if you are true to your self you will definitely find your way.

Good Luck!

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
It may be wrong to assume that the visa was refused due to age factor, it would be shame and hope that IRCC is careful as it may be gross violation of equal opportunity and termed as age discrimination. I have a similar case, I thought on a similar line the first time my visa was refused, its common feeling and we tend to jump to conclusion and judge, but it is misconceived. There are other criteria, are you genuinely seeking a pursue a bachelor's degree? I am, and I have tried my best to put that in words in SOP, although it is always not enough, you may want to pay your tuition for 1 year, open a GIC account, have good score in IELTS, express your genuine desire to pursue the course you have selected and why? Show necessary funding available to to you. What I have learnt is not to be disappointed by rejections, sad reality is that there is always a good pool of new clan and enough applicant who gets better preferences than someone like us, first generation, late to college, and not young enough to be trusted or convincing (ironically), most likely our applications are processed for left over quota, feel luck? However, if you are personally motivated you could pursue your academic interests without Canada as well, I am committed and so I know to explore other options. The reasons I applied to Canada is because it resonates well with me, education is rated high quality, I gel well with Canadians specially while conducting business, have been doing that for years, I would slip right through in it, multi culturalism, social care.

I had reapplied a couple of months ago through SDS, nothing has moved yet, but they are burdened with case loads, so I am patient. I am hopeful but I dont feel lucky at all. You should definitely ask for GCMS notes, review the detail notes, consider clarifying those concerns in a written response and reapply. You never know, at least you tried! If not explore other options, if you are true to your self you will definitely find your way.

Good Luck!
i have paid for full tuition fees and have also paid 10,000 CAD to my GIC account. however, my GCMS is yet to be out. though i spoke with my Canadian school authorities and i was assured that i may start my term in May instead of Winter January.
should i wait for my GCMS to come out before applying again or now that i have paid for Full tuition fee and have the acct deposited. should i go ahead and reapply.
Also, should i use agent this time, or do the application myself.

Dolphin-wit

Mar 31, 2021
i have paid for full tuition fees and have also paid 10,000 CAD to my GIC account. however, my GCMS is yet to be out. though i spoke with my Canadian school authorities and i was assured that i may start my term in May instead of Winter January.
should i wait for my GCMS to come out before applying again or now that i have paid for Full tuition fee and have the acct deposited. should i go ahead and reapply.
Also, should i use agent this time, or do the application myself.
Wait for GCMS notes, have patience, don't hurry and apply without knowing the actual reasons for refusal, you will have a better clarity on what were the actual concerns of the visa officer from gcms notes, you can then prep accordingly and respond to those concerns with your re application. Wish you good luck in the process!

Reactions: Preshberry