Re-Application of TRV Visa after rejection - Please assist

fazal_81

Jan 31, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Complete application & suporting docs filed on 29-03-2011 & received by CIO on 05-04-2011.
Doc's Request.
12- Nov- 2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application.
File Transfer...
RBVO on 26th May, 2011. File "In Process" on 30- April- 2013.
Med's Request
Alhamdulillah on 12- Nov- 2014, RPRF paid on 17- 11- 2014
Med's Done....
15- 11- 2014, Medicals received by LVO on 22- 11- 2014.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 11 November, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-March, 2015 (PPR2). Submitted passports in VFS Riyadh on 11-03-2015, Received PPs on 29 March, 2015 along with CoPR.
LANDED..........
1st May, 2015 (Stayed 1 month). Settled for good: 29-06-2016
Hi Beatrice,

I didn’t read all the comments but I saw your post. So you’ve a valid US visa, in my opinion you’re eligible to apply in Can+ category by clicking this option on document checklist specific four your country where you’ll apply from and show them your US Visa stamp. I am copy pasting that part here below for your reference, and I did it bold and underlined for your ease:

(CAN+ - If you have travelled to Canada in the last ten (10) years or currently hold a valid Unites States non-immigrant visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of the valid visa), no proof of financial support is needed. For all others, provide proof of financial support to cover the expenses for the duration of your visit:)

Bibiscious

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Nigeria
Hi Beatrice,

I didn’t read all the comments but I saw your post. So you’ve a valid US visa, in my opinion you’re eligible to apply in Can+ category by clicking this option on document checklist specific four your country where you’ll apply from and show them your US Visa stamp. I am copy pasting that part here below for your reference, and I did it bold and underlined for your ease:

(CAN+ - If you have travelled to Canada in the last ten (10) years or currently hold a valid Unites States non-immigrant visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of the valid visa), no proof of financial support is needed. For all others, provide proof of financial support to cover the expenses for the duration of your visit:)
Thanks @fazal_81 hopefully feedback will be successful 23 days down 19 more days to go

Bibiscious

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Nigeria
Officially 42 Days today awaiting my TRV application feedback (Eligibility review as at today has still not commenced - Background check process still on).

Nigeria TRV processing times have just been increased from 42 days to 60 days... WOW!!!! (I wonder why)

QTE from CIC website

Visitor visa (from outside Canada)

Nigeria
60 days ?
You may need to give biometrics with your application.
This processing time doesn’t include:
  • the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office
  • the time you need to give your biometrics
UNQTE
Still waiting and hopeful as my travel month is September

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Officially 42 Days today awaiting my TRV application feedback (Eligibility review as at today has still not commenced - Background check process still on).

Nigeria TRV processing times have just been increased from 42 days to 60 days... WOW!!!! (I wonder why)

QTE from CIC website

Visitor visa (from outside Canada)

Nigeria
60 days ?
You may need to give biometrics with your application.
This processing time doesn’t include:
  • the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office
  • the time you need to give your biometrics
UNQTE
Still waiting and hopeful as my travel month is September
I just saw this but this is as a result of high influx of application. The US embassy in Nigeria is fully booked and no available space for interviews or appointments again till next year, so large amounts of visa applicatants have moved to Canadian embassy so processing time has increased. I suspect it might increase more than 60days by tomorrow based on weekly updates

Bibiscious

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Nigeria
Finally!!!!! Day 57 (Applied 24th June ) checked my TRV application status via GCKey and saw that my eligibility review has commenced (No email notification was sent). When i applied Nigeria processing time was 42 days and as today it has been revised to 69 days

QTE
"Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility"
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
"Background check Help - Background check"
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
"Final decision Help - Final decision"
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
UNQTE

Hopeful to get a favorable response .. Anyone knows how long it'll take from Eligibility review to final decision?

Last edited:

Bibiscious

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Nigeria
Hello Bee.
Have you been updated now?
Hello @Ozymes No I have not been updated.

Day 66 -Online application -June applicant (24th June)- Eligibility review started on Day 57 ( 9 days review till date NO update yet).

When i applied Nigeria processing time was 42 days then increased to 60 days then to 64 days then to 69 days then to 71 days and as at yesterday 72 days. so hopeful that they respond soon

Ozymes

Jul 11, 2019
Hello @Ozymes No I have not been updated.

Day 66 -Online application -June applicant (24th June)- Eligibility review started on Day 57 ( 9 days review till date NO update yet).

When i applied Nigeria processing time was 42 days then increased to 60 days then to 64 days then to 69 days then to 71 days and as at yesterday 72 days. so hopeful that they respond soon
Okay. Best of luck

Ozymes

Jul 11, 2019
Thanks any luck from your end .

stumbled on your past post, Have they responded to you since your Eligibility review started 24th June . If yes how long did it take from Eligibility review to final decision
Awaiting a positive response