+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: 45 days time period to Submit RQ

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_dun said:
I am not sure on your 3 points - are you suggesting that having a child in Canada can be working against my case? I hoped it was positive - more ties to the country.
Sorry if I was unclear. Having a child in Canada will not work against your case. I meant to say that one has some discretion when deciding what extra documents or info to include. Include the helpful stuff. Like the stuff you mentioned. But for applicants, such as refugees who may have traveled back to their countries of origin after submitting their citizenship application, don't include this info if it's outside the window of information. If they ask, yes, tell them (after you consult with a lawyer), but don't volunteer more info than you need to unless it could help you.

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
I had recently submitted my RQ, so it is 45 Calendar Days not Business or Working days.
I had contacted the CIC, and they have emailed me this information:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Residence Questionnaire

To assist the citizenship judge in determining whether you meet the *residence requirement to become a Canadian citizen, you may be asked to complete the Residence Questionnaire (CIT 0171) and provide documents to support your answers.

The documents you provide should cover at least the four year period before the date you signed your citizenship application. These documents must show that you have maintained strong ties to Canada, such as owning a home, having family, employment and social ties in Canada. Please provide photocopies of all documents you feel will show these ties. The following is a list of suggested documents:

Passports and travel documents;
Rental agreements, receipts, leases, mortgage papers, land transfer documents, property tax bills or receipts, residential property assessment notices, utility bills (e.g. electricity, water, etc.), telephone bills, insurance policies, school records for yourself or your children, letters from health professionals stating the dates of your visits, bank and credit card statements;
Letter from your employer, pay slips, notices of assessment from income tax, as well as T-4 and T-5 slips; and
Letters establishing your membership and extent of participation or involvement in different activities or organizations in Canada, such as volunteering.
Please refer to the instruction page of the questionnaire for additional information and guidelines. Please note that you have 45 calendar days to complete this questionnaire. After this period, your file will be considered abandoned and you will need to submit a new application and payment.

* To meet the residence requirement for adults, you must have been physically in Canada for at least three years (i.e. 1,095 days) out of the four year period before the date you signed your application.

St Clair

Jan 14, 2014
@Hope13:Did you get the RQ after test or before test? i got mine 3 months after passing the test and this is the email i got after contacting cic

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Reasons for an Interview with a Citizenship Judge

The final decision on an application to become a Canadian citizen is made by a citizenship judge. If the judge needs more information to make his decision, you will be scheduled for an interview. Reasons for an interview could include:

You were not in Canada for at least 1095 days in the four years preceding the date you signed your application;
Your absences from Canada need evaluation;
Your background checks need clarification;
You failed your second written test; or
You could not write the test because you do not read English or French, although you may understand and speak the language.

This is not a complete list; there could be other reasons why an interview is requested.

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
St Clair,

I got Pre Test RQ. What do you think in your case, is the trigger for RQ. For myself I have lot of absences.

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
hey guys

one of my friend got RQ after 1 year of submission his application of citizenship. i.e before test he got RQ( he applied from calgary) , two question i would like to ask on his behalf that the form says:
1- submitt within 45 buisness days - means CIC should recieve within 45 buisness days?
2- print clearly with a blue or black pen - means we can not type using adobe acrobate or any software.?

thanks